Patentline......

Dave Mckenzie

Inactive User
Reaction score
....just a quick question.....i was sat in hospital on sunday (as me bird went into labour, which the doctors stopped) and as she was staying in overnight, i had to go and buy a 'patientline' card so she could watch the tv. The question is......can these cards be modded for more credit? i got her a card for £10 and it lasted 1 night n 3/4s of a day!! and that is rediculous!

Has any1 herd about these at all?

Cheers

Dave

nope can not be done !!! get to argos buy a small tv and headphones then use this if they chat on about pat testing show them the receipt as new goods do not need pat testing until 12 month they may moan but theres not a lot they can do about it ...

A small percentage of the cost goes to the hospital, do you really want to steal from the NHS? :)

I agree though, it's daylight robbery.

its a joke, my sister was a nursing auxillary and staff are supposed to get free usage. When she was in for an operation she had to pay , as apparently its only from actual nurses upwards get the free credit!!

After much arguing i got her it..

Cnuts

these people are fecking rip off merchants my wife has been in hospital now 3 weeks and its a fecking tenner for 5 days and 3.50 a day its a rip off ffs

they charge per 24 hour period weither you watch it or not it should be time based when watching ffs sick people sleep a lot

I agree, it is a rip off.

They go on about no top treatments because they do not want to create a two-tier NHS, then install a private system, so those who can afford it, can watch television, and communicate with family/the world (thus aiding their recovery), whilst those that cannot stare at the wall. Hmmm.

The cards are not hacked at present, and as there is a perception of stealing from the NHS then there really isn't much incentive.

I remember pateintlines Company Director going on about how the NHS were offered different models, and they opted for the most expensive one, thus the price was relative to the amount of investment, and they were still running in the red.

I've ended up in hospital myself, went in for a 3 day stint and have been here for a week so far.

Patientline SUCK, making money out of ill people is an absolute disgrace in my opinion, I hope they go broke. Thought I expect if they get close our government will bail them out. I only want telly for a couple of hours each day in the evening but have to pay for a full 24 hours. Its a JOKE.

I'm using a laptop to get on the net, the units here have no internet access anyway, what a load of poo.

I have found a system menu by dialing 13151 but cannot get any credit or any other useful things from this. Sharing a room with terminally ill patients that are paying these bastards for TV is making me feel quite angry. If I could find a way to get free credit I would fill my day getting it for all those that are terminally ill and the kids that can't afford £25 a week. The phone calls are also a rip off, thank god people have said screw it to the mobile phone ban. Imagine you were in hospital at a young age and wanted to watch TV or talk to someone but you can't afford it.

PATIENTLINE are a bunch of gits ripping off ILL people.

Its pisses me off seeing the patientline guy with his smug grin wondering around pretending its a great value for money service. I think he knows I dont like him.

Sorry, rant over.

i have just put £30 credit via visa card on for my wife and was told any unused money for either telephone or tv will be refunded,you have to call operator from the bed phone before you leave.
still a rip off tho

the Glasgow Royal is classic for this my dad was admited into new part of the Royal and we got his tv up and running only to find out he was getting moved to old part of the Hospital that does not have it just normal tv in wards or tv room ended up taking a load of dvds up for the ward to watch. you had nurses, cleaners even prison guards watching tv with patients.

Imparting a space to critically ill patients that are paying these mongrels for TV is making me feel very irate. In the event that I could figure out how to get free credit, I would fill my day getting it for every one of those that are at death's door and the children that can't bear the cost of £30 per week. The telephone calls are additionally a sham, thank god individuals have said screw it to the cell phone boycott.
Nice one mate gotta be a record this post is from 2008

But its only 12 year old🙄😂😂😂
I had to think back to when wife was last in hospital for any length of time.

Back