patching 7755

ikonos

Inactive User
Reaction score
I tried what digidude said in other thread with the 2004 code and the spice plat channel, I still get nothing. I have now found the loader and patch. can anyone please advise how I now go about patching this box.

the information i get on the sys info screen is:

model : tm-7755 2VA2CI
Terminal Serial NO: 58-2-200504002020
Viaccess Version - 1.112484
Terminal application - v1.06
Last updated - March 25 2005

thanks again in advance for all your help.

A step by step guide for loading the Technomate 1500ci firmware.

i am sure the 7000 series is the same procedure

1) First, download the files that you need which is the 'loader v1.6' and the latest 'firmware'. You will find these in the satellite files section.
2) You need to unzip the files to a folder you will remember, like 'my documents'.
3) Go to the folder and double click on the unzipped - 'TMLoader'. This will start the software that links to the Technomate.
4) Make sure your Technomate and pc are connected via the null-serial cable, and that your receiver is 'turned off' by the power switch at the rear. ie. No Power on the receiver.
5) In the TMLoader software click on the 'Browse' button and locate your unzipped firmware file, using the explorer window, and double-click the file.
6) In the TMLoader software you now need to click 'connect' and now switch your receiver power ON at the rear.
7) Loading of your firmware now starts, so wait until it has finished (writing and erasing).
8) When it has completely finished you need to switch power off, disconnect your null-serial lead, then turn back on again by using the power switch at the rear.

Thats it, all done, nice and simple. You should now be able to enjoy your latest firmware patch.

All credit to the author pinky or digidude not sure

I am trying to patch the box with darkmans patches, the box is reading boot
but the ITLINK program is just sitting there with no progress happening.

can anyone please help.

thanks

jean

yes i am using a null modem serial cable to usb. I have used this for transferring files to dbox okay so i know it works.

does your tm7755 still work or is it now stuck on boot?
Seems strange because updating is usually so easy and smooth without problem, i dont know why it wont work for you.

must be a compatability problem with the usb to serial device then i guess. You really cant go wrong with Itlink, its button "browse" then select the firmware file, then button "download" to send that file to the receiver, cant be any easier. With over 600 various TM receivers passing through my way i know of zero that have returned due to a patching fault so i doubt its the receiver, it must just not work with the usb convertor :(.

Back