password to get into setup

FC Sniper

Inactive User
Reaction score
hey guys

whats the standard password on the dreambox?

thanks guys

Ah I think I know what your onabout is it the gemini image that needs a pin number to enter setup. trader image its there to stop you getting to the adons sever to download the password changer as they also change the ftp password.

ftp to /var/tuxbox/config/enigma then open the file config for viewing
search for parental or code or lock (can't remember which)
you start windows calculator, view, scientific, select hex and type in the code
then just select decimal and you should get your 4 digit code.

This is from memory so may have the hex and decimal bit's reversed you will need to have a play

quicker to just flash another image tbh

thanks guys been off the scene for a long time

but the parents managed to get hold of box despite my refusal to let em get one lol

what image do u recommend?

if i change the image wont that delete the server settings?

Can you not get te server settings before reflashing?

var/etc/cccam.cfg just copy to desktop.

Flash usin PLI Jade > download ccam > copy and paste (ftp) the cccam.cfg back into var/etc

I think you will find that the ftp password has been changed from the standard root & dreambox. I think you can still get around this by telneting into the box and changing the ftp password.

telnet to the box

passwd [Enter]
new password [Enter]
new password [Enter]

remember you wont be able to see what you type when entering new password so be carefull.

There is a chance that this too may not work as there is also a image that does not let you do it like this but I think there is another way.

Last edited:
it still asking for a password in telnet?
mick do u no how i can get around it????

Telnet into your Dreambox, and once logged in type "passwd", this will prompt you to change your password

Telnet session

-Choose "Start" and "Run" in Windows, then enter telnet dreambox ip eg telnet 192.168.1.10
-Logon with your username and password (username is always root, password is dreambox from standard)
-Enter passwd
-Enter your new password twice

remember to update password in programs such as CCcam Control Center, DCC and CCcam InfoPHP

Password has to be min. 5 and max. 8 letters long, and can consist of UPPERCASE/lowercase letters and numbers!

lol guys when i enter the user name and password, it says login in correct

anyway i can change that the user name and password ?

hello guys

just gna bump this thread

can any of u help, i am trying to access the ftp on the dreambx dm500, but get in correct password

i am using root dreambox

on a pli jade image

some ftp programs can do this l always use this now and have no problems

your login and pass are right

thanks for ur help

as mick said this is a traders image damn traders lol

so hes changed password for both of thm

and theres no tuxbox commandar to lol

Back