password resetting

hollow

Inactive User
Reaction score
help is needed on getting by the passwords set on the dbox
some numpty has gone and set a password on the parental lock but i think it effects the service setting as well as when i try to go into services it asks for a password (nokia dbox) (next gen image)

lots all the channels except the fta ones
connected it to the pc via crossover reloaded the cams in and manages to get the epg working but the channels just wont clear

and i cant reflash it with another image

and even worse i have a null modem cable but my new mobo doesnt have a serial cable connector on it

arrgh

does any one know a way round the problem ??

oh before i forget tried using boot manager but cant even get it to connect to dbox without null modem cable

thanks

Use tuxbox commander (blue button) to browse to /var/tuxbox/config/neutrino.conf

Have a look in that file and there will be a setting named "Pincode=1234".
The numbers next to the pincode value are what you are looking for :)

Liam.

well mate all i can say is you are an absolute star !!!!!!!!!!!

many thanks

once again

liamcrayden said:
Use tuxbox commander (blue button) to browse to /var/tuxbox/config/neutrino.conf

Liam.

Liam,

This post makes me wonder if the pin was set by someone for a reason and you've just helped him unlock it. I hope not otherwise his mum might be after you lol.

de_deej

de_deej said:
Liam,

This post makes me wonder if the pin was set by someone for a reason and you've just helped him unlock it. I hope not otherwise his mum might be after you lol.

de_deej

lol well it says hes 33 on his profile.... maybe his great great grandmother set the pin to stop him watching the p*rn ;)

liamcrayden said:
lol well it says hes 33 on his profile.... maybe his great great grandmother set the pin to stop him watching the p*rn ;)

might be the wife lol :eek:

de_deej said:
might be the wife lol :eek:

Im not convinced... i've seen cases where the kids have set pin codes to stop the dads watching lol

liamcrayden said:
Im not convinced... i've seen cases where the kids have set pin codes to stop the dads watching lol

I took the channels of my dads services.xml lol

eh lol
cant even watch the box nevermind the p**n just need to load a new image to the damn thing

picking on a 33 year old shame on you all

:))))

liamcrayden said:

Liam.

I second the "Liam Craydon is a star" vote

I lost prem plus like most people and was just going to rescan the box only to find that someone had been messing about with the pin settigs and had put in a pin which I didn't know. Turns out - after much torturing of the kids (joking - well , nearly joking) that my son had pressed in the numbers but didnt know which numbers he had put in there.

So thanks to you Liam - I have got the number and am now rescanning:Clap: :Clap: :Clap:

Back