xbc

DW Member +
Reaction score
I had a 79k drive to repair after a failed Passkey Install

on arrval the drive did not work and looked this this:
Arrived.jpg

I cleaned it up and got the drive ejecting :

Cleaned.jpg

The passkey installed , then flashed posted back out.
Finished.jpg

and this why i will not attempt a 79 drive.

wow, that looked like it had been in a blaze m8, well done for fixing it.

yes mate good work on that, got carried away with the solder iron a little I think, and thats why 79 drives will be passed from now on.

cheers xbc your a star

great job m8 , wen i seen that the other day at mickys house i thought it was a lost cause !! but uhave brought it back from the dead !! well done m8 :Clap:

Cheers Lads for the Kind comments
I think we will see less and less of these drive's with the benq and Light - on drive
But I do enjoy getting them back up and working again, but alot easier for me to install the passkey when starting from scratch.

Last edited:
i had a passkey sat in cupboard for about 4 or 5 months, never been taken out of packet, but sold it to a member on here recently.

i was too scared to attempt a 79 LOL

yes you can safelly say I won,t be doing 1 of these little twats again lol, but would just like to say cheers again xbc you de man :)

Christ that passkeys look a fiddly job. Have not had that drive myself. Is it not easier to remove the sst 39vf020 chip and program it with ix1.4 with a willem.

Depends On how much epoxy is under the tsop
you could damage the via's under the tsop lifting, or worse still snap the tsop in half then you will never get the drive key

Blimey that looked like it had seen some sort of volcanic rescue before you got your hands on it mate :eek: and as others have already said the precise reason why I don't touch 'em ;) lol ...Thats a quality resurrection though mate... very nice work :proud:

nice1 xbc if i get one with a 79 in it you will be you i will be sending it too, the first time i got a shop to flash a samsung ms28 the cheeky fookers took the original drive out and put a ms25 in its place i only found this out on my first attempt at flashing because i had to spoof the drive.

Back