Parking tickets in the middle of the night

g3o

Inactive User
Reaction score
How annoying, sometimes living in a city really sucks, parking ticket issued at 01:52 this morning, no where to park if you come home late and now you cant even get up early to move it when you park on yellow lines, i hate Edinburgh council:Kickassro

The wardens sneak about at night wearing ninja outfits,(just like digi's), issuing the tickets. :)

ps. no offence digi. :)

Same where i live.

i used to live on a narrow terraced street close to a town centre, residents parking only. You could only park on 1 side of the road. However, people would also park on the other, half on the path - still just enough space to get up and down the road. Often, we'd get up and find 10 - 15 cars ticketed at 5am by the rozzers.

Fast forward 4 years, selling the flat, bloke comes to buy it as a 'buy to let' - he's a local copper. told a story of how "they'd come in the night and ticket the whole street hur hur hur". Yes, Very amusing.

Anyway, he bought it, 6 months later the housing market fell on it's arse. Karma? i think so.

How annoying, sometimes living in a city really sucks, parking ticket issued at 01:52 this morning, no where to park if you come home late and now you cant even get up early to move it when you park on yellow lines, i hate Edinburgh council:Kickassro

i travel alot when working,
have to tell you edinburgh parking wardens are worst in scotland.
they are extremely vigilant!!!!
its as if they are competing with each other, as to who can give the most tickets. I'm sure they are a diffrent species.....
i would love to know just how many wardens there is in edinburgh?
there seems to be hundreds of them...

they say "you are never more than 6 feet from a rat in london"

i say "you are never more than a couple of feet from a 6 foot rat in edinburgh" :) :) :)

i travel alot when working,
have to tell you edinburgh parking wardens are worst in scotland.
they are extremely vigilant!!!!
its as if they are competing with each other, as to who can give the most tickets. I'm sure they are a diffrent species.....
i would love to know just how many wardens there is in edinburgh?
there seems to be hundreds of them...

they say "you are never more than 6 feet from a rat in london"

i say "you are never more than a couple of feet from a 6 foot rat in edinburgh" :) :) :)

They are all competing mate, bonuses.

The motorist has become the most profitable cash cow in the uk, especially for the government for they collect a big revenue in tax from all the companys that have set up in bussiness as soon as they realised that they are on a good scam, like clampers who rob us of millions, NCP who seem to control most councils and insist there wardens use any excuse to write a ticket. The traffic warden was first invented to control traffic, keep it moving and even help a motorist. Now, the more difficult it is for you to park ,the easier it is for the warden to come out from under his rock and hit his bonus target. Hence motoring today is a complete misery for you're being spied on everywhere

yea they are a shower of bstards, couple of months ago i got 2 in an hour cos my back wheel was about 3 inches on the lines, got them cancelled tho, another favourite of Edinburgh council is to sell 1.5x as many permits as there is spaces, it's amazing what they can just decide to do, i read they also want to tax primark 150k towards the tram to get their store built, straightforward open extortion.. acceptable if your a council.

I love these posts when people moan that they got caught for parking on double yellows or speeding and how unfair it is.

Am I wrong in thinking that it is breaking the law?? Whether it is civil or criminal??

If i broke into someones house in the middle of the night and got caught you would all think I was nuts if I moaned that I got caught by the cops and said but it was the middle of the night, they should all be in bed.

Ha ha ha these make my day and should be moved to fun and laughter section

Kharma people do wrong and bad things happen ie a ticket

I love these posts when people moan that they got caught for parking on double yellows or speeding and how unfair it is.

Am I wrong in thinking that it is breaking the law?? Whether it is civil or criminal??

If i broke into someones house in the middle of the night and got caught you would all think I was nuts if I moaned that I got caught by the cops and said but it was the middle of the night, they should all be in bed.

Lol I never said it was unfair and i will pay it cos i got caught and i should know better i just said i was annoyed and last time i checked this is the rant room where annoyed people post, perhaps you have lots of easy parking where you live or dont even drive yet, im real happy for you but im not sure why you would compare it to burglary maybe it's because you are a tool?

Breaking into a house and parking a car cannot be likened to eachother, that is very silly indeed. The wardens/council are just out to rip motorists off. Why are you defending them?!

I would be amazed to hear a police officer catching someone robbing in the middle of the Night.
After I was Mugged and slabbed infront of a police station and the peeps who did it live directly opposite the station aswell. Did they do anything errr nope. Even CCTV footage was available. Grrrrrr.

Anyway back to the subject of traffic wardens.

They don't just give tickets were I am.
This lad was earning pocket money handing out fliers for a carwash job he's been doing with his mate. The Up nose tight as a ducks butt of a Traffic Warden told the lad off, Then made him collect every flier plus fined his Dad £50 for littering! WTF !!!!!! I was supprised his Dad didn't headbutt him. But I persume it was the CSO that was standing there kinda put him off.

Lol

Was having a laugh at your situation why post if you dont want peoples opinions and as for being a tool (no need to get personal) who is the tool who got a fine.

Not defending anyone just pointing out a fact that your actions have concequences you park on a clearly marked yellowline and then wonder why you get fined... How is that ripping people off.

The point about burglary was to illustrate above comment. Perhaps obvious eludes you both. lol

Life is so unfair I got ripped off for parking where I shouldn't have those traffic wardens are so sneaky its not like there was any clear indication I couldnt park there.

And Im the tool

pmsl

:banana:

Breaking into a house and parking a car cannot be likened to eachother, that is very silly indeed. The wardens/council are just out to rip motorists off. Why are you defending them?!

heres the scenario (hypothetical admitidly)

little old lady having a heart attack in a burning house down a very narrow street ambulance and firebrigade enroute but cant get through due to selfish driver parked on double yellow lines while popping into get his fish and chip supper. His excuse I was only gone 5 minutes. Ambulance and firebrigades excuse we couldnt get to her.. if only we got there five minutes earlier...

People are inherantly selfish and think only about their situation and not of the situation they cause others.. The reason car drivers are easy targets is because they take no responsibilty for their behaviour.

Driving while on the phone or speeding or parking causing an obstruction.

I know the above scenario is very far fetched but that is why you get booked for either speeding or using your phone or parking where you shouldnt.

Your car is a privelage and not a right and needs to be driven with a certain amount of curtasy and consideration

I personally think driving while on the phone is as bad as drink driving. I think if you get caught you should get a years ban. £1000 fine and if you repeat offend your car crushed.

Speeding should be judged on grades. 5-10 mph over £200 9 points 10 or more mph over should be a years ban £1000 fine. 30 or more over banned for good.

If you park where you shouldnt then your car should be fined. if you case an obstruction car towed and 6 points

People need to realise their cars can kill directly or indirectly and cause others as much misery as it causes you when you get fined

I smile when I see people get booked and would shake a traffic wardens hand they got a job to do like anyone else and its only "Tools" that keep them employed

Hooray for traffic wardens

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Lol

Was having a laugh at your situation why post if you dont want peoples opinions and as for being a tool (no need to get personal) who is the tool who got a fine.

Not defending anyone just pointing out a fact that your actions have concequences you park on a clearly marked yellowline and then wonder why you get fined... How is that ripping people off.

The point about burglary was to illustrate above comment. Perhaps obvious eludes you both. lol

Life is so unfair I got ripped off for parking where I shouldn't have those traffic wardens are so sneaky its not like there was any clear indication I couldnt park there.

And Im the tool

pmsl

:banana:

see i knew i was right you are a tool, so i got a £30 fine well i better get my begging hat out to cover it, where did i ever say my actions didn't have consequences or that i was ripped off or that i wondered why i got fined? why do you talk so much rubbish? if your going to try being a smug bstard at least have the decency to use what i say not just type what you want to make your point seem better.
Anyway like you say karma will come round and probably will get you.

see i knew i was right you are a tool, so i got a £30 fine well i better get my begging hat out to cover it, where did i ever say my actions didn't have consequences or that i was ripped off or that i wondered why i got fined? why do you talk so much rubbish? if your going to try being a smug bstard at least have the decency to use what i say not just type what you want to make your point seem better.
Anyway like you say karma will come round and probably will get you.

karma will get me for having an opinion?? Im a tool you're a tool so perhaps we should make the tool forum we half way there we have two already

lol

you very sensitive. Sorry if I offended.

You will have to pass the tool aptitude test first

think you are up to it?

:proud:

how about getting Snap-On to sponsor the tool forum. ??

Back