Pans for induction hob

chookey

I have spoken
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
After almost 4 months of renovation work I am nearly ready to move back into my home. I opted for an induction hob and knew I would have to replace my pans but had no idea how hard it was going to be.
The pan detection system appears to be fussy about the size/depth of the ferrous base. The book advises a completely flat base where most manufacturers tend to have dimples or logos etched in.

I bought a cheapo £7 milk pan to try and it isn't detected even though a magnet sticks well to it's base. I don't mind paying well for a decent set but don't want to end up returning them through not being detected.
If anyone using induction can give me a heads up on which pans they are using it would be much appreciated.

hey m8, we have an induction and all the pans from IKEA work frying pay milk pans you name it, the le creuset seem to be good too as seen as they are cast iron i believe, those are only pans i have but can say they do work and the Ikea ones won't break ya bank.
Cheers Focus, I'll google the Ikea ones. Always fancied Le Creuset cast iron but they can take a little too much looking after, and then obviously the cost.

yeah the handles always go first, but they can be replaced they do sell just the handles. I did put the link on the last post for the ikea stuff.

yeah the handles always go first, but they can be replaced they do sell just the handles. I did put the link on the last post for the ikea stuff.
Sorry Focus, I did notice the link after writing my reply and had a look :)

Should have mentioned it’s the OUMBÄRLIG set we have.
it’s pretty robust too.
Quite like that set MH. Good price too.
Nearest IKEA to me is Coventry, about 8 miles away so will try and get over soon and have a look. Luckily not eating at the moment so am in no particular rush. :)

I've had induction for the past 12 years and I love them. I always use ikea pans and thier cheapo woks work well.
If I hunt for pans I take a magnet and heavily dimpled pans can be problematic.

I've had induction for the past 12 years and I love them. I always use ikea pans and thier cheapo woks work well.
If I hunt for pans I take a magnet and heavily dimpled pans can be problematic.
I thought the magnet trick was fail safe but the magnet stuck to the pan I tried but still wasn't detected by the hob. I think it may be too thin perhaps, there were dimples on some of the base as well.

We had a induction hob for years. Never really had any issues with pans as long as when you buy them it indicated for induction hobs. Ours is the aeg brand hob and cookers.

We had a induction hob for years. Never really had any issues with pans as long as when you buy them it indicated for induction hobs. Ours is the aeg brand hob and cookers.
Maybe there's a difference between the different brands in how they detect the pans or the sensitivity. The pan I bought as a tester is marked suitable for all types of hob including induction.
My hob is probably way cheaper than yours, a Lamona 1801

Engineer came today along with his trusted test pan to show me where I was going wrong. It didn't work either, lol. A replacement board got it working.
PCB Main Module Control
s-l640.jpg

Had an enjoyable hour of his company. Like me he is a former tv engineer until he turned to white goods so we had quite a bit to talk about. Ended up he practically offered me a job pending my recovery, lol.
He has my contact details but I won't work full time again, be nice to keep in touch though

Whats the chances off needing the same thing the now as just had kitchen fitted and inducton hob. Never expected to find a post while browsing here the now. Ikea it is for me now 😂 Cheers :)

Back