Panasonic Freesat and Dreambox 500s Conflic problem!

spectra

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just bought the Panasonic th42pz81b so i can get freesat hd, connected it through my 500s lnb out (loop)works great! but quite a few of my channels on my 500s sat channels stop working when i come out of freesat into sky channels.

if i unscrew the freesat lnb out then sky channels come on straight away! i then tried a +elewest splitter but then nothing works (no signal)! I 've tried reboots that solves problem but then once i switch from sky to freesat problem comes back!

Is there a better splitter i can use or is my dreambox 500s crap lol!!!!!!

My setup is 88cm triax .2lnb universal using a long +elewest cable!

Sounds like a problem for digidude to answer.

I'm not digidude, but this isnt anything abnormal or anything wrong with your dm500s or Freesat tuner. You cannot use 2 sat receivers to control an lnb through just 1 co-ax feed. The low/high 22khz switching and V/H 12v or 18v switching for the lnb is conflicting depending on the last tuner used. Splitters and loop-outs are not made for the purpose of using several sat receivers on 1 feed.

The loop-out or splitters can sometimes be used successfully but only by turning off one tuner before switching on the other, but this is not practical with the Panasonic with Freesat.

The answer is that you need a twin or quad lnb, with a seperate co-ax feed going to each sat tuner. Each box needs its own feed rather than trying to fight for control over the lnb.

Gutted thanks pinkhelmets I guess for now i'll just unscrew freesat untill I want hd! As for Munkey i love those pics brings back memories - Tripitackaaaaaa

P.s I recommend the Pan tv - picture quality is great on freesat and ps3.

Its good to hear you are pleased with the new Panasonic, I'm jealous because I want one :).
As for changing the lnb and running another cable, it is a very simple job and cheap enough. You should consider a bit of DIY and upgrade it to a quad.
The alternative is that you can get a 'Manual A/B' switch. That has 1 input with 2 outputs and you just manually press the button to switch between receivers as and when needed. That will save unpluging and re-plugging the co-ax.
Regards.

as said above you can get a switch to do this job and make it easier to change units - nice tv by the way

SPS1 Smart Priority Switch

Thanks lads i've decided to take the lazy route! and go for the manual a/b switch however just came across this device that seems to do the same job without a need for manual switch but i dont know anything about frequency's can you help by telling me if it will do the same job its called SPS1 Smart Priority Switch?

http://www.globalcom.co.uk/accesories/sps1.html

It wont work correctly, its the same as using the loopthrough- you need to turn off 1 receiver for the other to take control. This just isnt practical with the panasonic screen and its built in tuner.
Stick with a manual switch because that will at least work.

Thanks Mr P I will order and let you now my results not that I dont trust you lol.

Working Perfect

Thanks everyone but especially pinkhelmets - the manual A/B switch works perfectly. Got the part from a sat shop in leeds (£12) quite hard to find on the net! came with no instructions and little confusing by the middle socket as its labelled TV should really have been labelled dish because thats what connects to that socket then i've got socket A connected to my dreambox satellite box and socket B connected to my Panasonic Freesat TV.

FYI you can also scan the free channels on 28.2e and watch them whilst not getting them muddled up with the freesat channels so infact you receive even more channels than you may have first thought! they go under the heading of (Other Satellite) on the TV i guess freesat boxes will have this option as well plus if you have a motorised dish you can do it for other satellite positions as well!!!!!

Thanks once again.

Its good the screens have the ability to add the extra channels. You can do this with the Humax HD receiver and the other makes of receivers are supposed to be adding this too. Its good because there are lots of popular channels not included on the freesat epg yet.
Thanks for the feedback and info.

Back