Peripherals Panasonic dect phones ??

• Thread starter Deleted member 6259
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6259

Just over a year or so ago I bought myself a set of Panasonic dect cordless home phones.

Panasonic KX-TG8521 Cordless Telephone: Cordless Phone Price Comparison - Prices at idealo.co.uk

Them but a triple pack, anyways I haven't got the home phone on no more as I use Skype more. Anyways is there a way I can turn them phones into a set of network router Skype phones home phones ?? Ie some sort of adaptor or something thatll allow me to plug them into my network and make and receive calls via my Skype account ??? Its just a waist them sitting doing nothing when they weren't cheap to buy in the first place!!

Apologies if this is the wrong section , first post from Tapatalk and confused is the word this Sunday morning. So if it is will the powers that be amend it :)

Sent from my Arc using Tapatalk

For use with a PC you'll need a DECT adapter. A very quick search finds 2: the UConnect DECT to VoIP USB adapter and the Platronics D100.

The UConnect is so old it doesn't have drivers for Vista.

The Plantronics is £40 on ebay (and over £60 elsewhere), has limited handset compatibility and regional variations.

There are VoIP base stations that you can pair your DECT phones to, but they don't seem to be Skype compatible: Gigaset N300 IP DECT Base Station for example.

Thanks very much mate. Ill have a look :)

For use with a PC you'll need a DECT adapter. A very quick search finds 2: the UConnect DECT to VoIP USB adapter and the Platronics D100.

The UConnect is so old it doesn't have drivers for Vista.

The Plantronics is £40 on ebay (and over £60 elsewhere), has limited handset compatibility and regional variations.

There are VoIP base stations that you can pair your DECT phones to, but they don't seem to be Skype compatible: Gigaset N300 IP DECT Base Station for example.

Philips make a Skype-enabled DECT base- I'll find the model no. if you're interested.

Yeah that would be great mate thanks :)

It's a Philips VOIP 321. But I've just read that Skype (latest version) may not work with it any longer... I just use mine as a normal base, never used the Skype facility, but might still be worth looking into.

Thanks very much mate, I'll have a dig round and see if I can find anymore gen.

Sent from my Arc using Tapatalk

Back