Pakistan's Musharraf steps down

mas123

Inactive User
Reaction score
If I told you that I would have to kill you.
Pakistan's Musharraf steps down

Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf, facing impeachment by parliament, has announced that he is resigning.

In a national televised address he said he was confident the charges against him would not stand, but this was not the time for more confrontation.

The charges against the president include violation of the constitution and gross misconduct.

He has been one of the United States' strongest allies in its war against Islamist extremism.

Full story @ http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/7567451.stm

IMO Musharraf was the best thing to happen to Pakistan in a long time, the fools that live in Pakistan don't know whats good for them, they'll regret forcing him out...

yea im glad his step down, just not too sure about the people the countrys going too! apparently there as corrupt as musharruf if not worse. imran khans the way forward say!

yea im glad his step down, just not too sure about the people the countrys going too! apparently there as corrupt as musharruf if not worse. imran khans the way forward say!

That's the funniest thing I've heard in ages. Imran Khan????

The problem is Pakistan is split between people who understand politics and want their country to grow (Musharraf supporters) people who want to loot the country of its wealth for personal gain (coalition supporters) and David Icke fans (Imran Khan supporters)

What do you have to say on the matter mas123? Are you hapy that he is gone? What will happen to international relations? What will happen in the war against the taliban now that parts of Pakistan are under sharia law?

they are all corrupt does not matter who runs pakistan they only think about them selfs pakistan will never move on untill they have a true leader who cares for its people and there welfare i have been there time and time again nothing changes its always the same nothing changes much if anything its got worse they are a bunch of greedy twats who only think of them selfs just like most of the leaders in this world today!

they are all corrupt does not matter who runs pakistan they only think about them selfs pakistan will never move on untill they have a true leader who cares for its people and there welfare i have been there time and time again nothing changes its always the same nothing changes much if anything its got worse they are a bunch of greedy twats who only think of them selfs just like most of the leaders in this world today!

well said

:Clap:

Biggest story of the day and no comments?

Why would you think that is a big news story here, Jade miss piggy goody has cancer now thats a big news story, second only to how the Brits at the olympics, think you need to post that on a fourm called Pakistan today

Why would you think that is a big news story here, Jade miss piggy goody has cancer now thats a big news story, second only to how the Brits at the olympics, think you need to post that on a fourm called Pakistan today

Whilst we can feel pride in our athletes and sorrow for Miss Goody - this is a very big story and could possibly eclipse domestic news.

Personally, I am worried about what happens next in Pakistan now. Did Musharraf hold a key position? Will he be replaced with an anti-western leader now? What will this do to prevent terror training camps now?

All very concerning. Lets just hope the people of Pakistan win out...

What!?? Are you serious?

Did you even watch the news on that day, did you visit any news websites?
This story was on the front page of all major news websites, and was the top story on all major news channels!

So yes it was the biggest news story of the day!

Back