Other packard bell one two L5351

unison

good to be back
VIP Member
Reaction score
I mate as this pc suddenly stopped working... hdd not showing in bios replaced hdd drive with new one but still the same problem checked mobo for any bulging capacitors none showing formatted usb used rufus to put windows 7 on sees the usb but not new or old hdd thanks in advance unison

yes its showing now its not booting my windows 7 disk but ill download another windows 7 and try again thanks for looking

Last edited:
Try hdd regenerator on the hirens boot cd it may have some demagnetized sectors, or You could boot with the ultimate boot cd and try chkdsk from that.

update now the bios saying hdd not installed tried another sata hdd... that saying not installed as well changed the sata leads to mobo and hdd still same thing. in the priority list hdd is available were this was not showing before .but when I go to hard disk drive priority press enter then says 1st drive not installed and this is the same on two different sata drive one brand new
and one I had lying around both spinning when connected. integrated peripherals says on board sata controller enabled on board sata mode set to AHCI and only other option is native IDE. thanks for looking any ideas o_O

update now the bios saying hdd not installed tried another sata hdd... that saying not installed as well changed the sata leads to mobo and hdd still same thing. in the priority list hdd is available were this was not showing before .but when I go to hard disk drive priority press enter then says 1st drive not installed and this is the same on two different sata drive one brand new
and one I had lying around both spinning when connected. integrated peripherals says on board sata controller enabled on board sata mode set to AHCI and only other option is native IDE. thanks for looking any ideas o_O

Do the drives have partitions on them?

I have a laptop from a few years back that won't see the HDD if it hasn't got a partition on it so I have to use XP installer to partition it which I found a bit strange.

Back