Pace stuck in update?

hnj

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi i had an T*lewest box that i have converted to C/W it was working fine but it is currently stuck in update and i have tried many things to get it up and running, i can't even get into e*gineers menu!

any help would be appreciated!

THANKS!

have read that if you pull jumper power up ( with out jumper )for 20 mins then pull power then replace jumper and boot up fixs this m8

have read that if you pull jumper power up ( with out jumper )for 20 mins then pull power then replace jumper and boot up fixs this m8

Let's be clear, REMOVE THE POWER.

I can tell you from experience leaving the power on whilst attempting this is not wise. :)

Scott

Just tried it, the difference now is that it just says PACE on my box wheras before it had said nlt then PACE then ERR4

any other solution?

try a reflow on the atties m8
sorry long proces but one thing ae a time
or if you have any splitters take them out and have direct feed

how do i reflow atties? lol sorry 4 stupid q's

i have got an 4 way splitter should i take that out and hope that it will update!?

THANKS!

how do i reflow atties? lol sorry 4 stupid q's

i have got an 4 way splitter should i take that out and hope that it will update!?

THANKS!

apply a little heat to the atmel chips to reflow the solder m8

was just re-enforcing it m8, wasnt trying to make u look a fool ;)

I've been there with the power on and its not nice :)

sorry for the confusion m8 my fault

Definately a direct feed loads of my mates have probs like stuck in update or freezing soon as I plug them in to my feed (direct) sorts it all out

Definately a direct feed loads of my mates have probs like stuck in update or freezing soon as I plug them in to my feed (direct) sorts it all out

My other box that was brought set on CW had updated fine without any problems but the T*lewest one is just stuck on the update i do have an spliteer invovled tho

i'd try taking the splitter out first . then if you get no joy then try it at a mates house. if still no joy try changing the C.I.M with one from a box that updates ok. its definatley a signal problem if its stuck in update . i've got one of those amps that you can get off ebay , brilliant bit of kit asit amps the signal up and you can adjust the gain and snr of your signal which will 95% of the time sorts it out . i'd leave soldering or reflowing as a last resort especially if your a novice with a soldering iron. in my opinion the atmel problem was from back in the day when you had to remove the atmels and clone the box. not many people remove them anymore so they shouldn't be a problem . you can normally tell if they've been removed at some point . look closely at the sim holder in front of the atty's and see if its been scorched or slighty melted . also look closely at the pins .

thanks for the help will try it out!

the 2 atmels need reprogramming with a clean dump as the update has corrupted the data on them hence the err4

hth

Maybe putting it in stream in *w area might help, if you know anyone.

Back