pace ds810xe

dave_c

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure if this is in the right section or not , if not could one of the mods or admin move to correct section

my mate has recentley bought one of the pace ds810xe high def sat boxes , the prob he has , is that although it is finding all the channels sd and hd ones , when viewing the channels the pic is crisp and sharp and clear as it should b on the hd channels but wen goin onto the hd prem channels , the channel will open but with no audio , and then a few seconds later a message appears on screen saying wrong ci module for his channel ( btw he is using a dragon cam v3.02 with pred 3.56 and the correct keys afaik as the ord prem channels are clearing with it in his echostar sat reciever ) , also occasionally the reciever will freeze up pic locks and the only way to turn the reciever off is to power it down via the mains

have tried the following but prob still remains

In the Setup menu goto the tv settings, then to digital audio out and have the settings as thus.
Auto Handling: ON
Hdmi Volume control: off.
Then goto a premier channel and select the option to change the sound to english and then exit.
Then goto another channel and then back to the premier channel and you should hear english and the msg should not appear.
Do this for all premier channels.

anyone else had this prob or know of anything else to try

thx in advance

do you know that the dragon opens Prem HD? I am not sure myself. I know the newer T-rex supermodule does and I know the Dragon/Trex original didnt used to but i dont know if that was fixed. Also I heard that lots of people have had compatibility problems with the dragon and the pace810 so i'm not sure if its all been solved? I dont have one myself and recommendations are to use T-rex supermodule, so i think you need to find out if this is possible?

as far as i know , the dragon should open prem hd as when was over the store yesterday , they had a prem hd channel on and was using a dragon cam , i think the latest software release may have fixed a few bugs as had a look on the site and it gave the following

Main differences compared with previous software version:

Parental lock (menu, channels)
Delete channels
Favourite list renaming
Pressing <Exit> changes between the 2 last viewed channels
DVB subtitling
Improved channel scanning time
Improved Common Interface functionality
Another scan displays only new channels
Increased number of available satellites

im just wondering if i need to put a diff version of pred file on there , one of the ones with a mod caid , also going to check his software on his box to make sure it is the latest one

Back