pace di4001nc

cob_ob

Banned
Reaction score
I just modded a pace di4oo1nc and hooked it up it would,nt let me into eng menu,went straight into update then finished on PdLd, ERRS,LAlt,and hangs.Ive pulled red jumper,still the same.any ideas,apart from hammer at green box.

HiYa,

cob_ob said:
I just modded a pace di4oo1nc and hooked it up it would,nt let me into eng menu,went straight into update then finished on PdLd, ERRS,LAlt,and hangs.Ive pulled red jumper,still the same.any ideas,apart from hammer at green box.

when you say it hangs does the ERRS & LAIT keep changing from one to the other?

Hi again,

Well I put one of my spare stbs on the feed it was a DI4001NC the same as yours.
It went into the software update rolled the numbers + etc then PdLd, EAAS and LAIT it went from LAIT to EAAS another 17 times be4 it finished updating.

shouldnt have pulled the red jumper cob m8 as ya would have re set the net id and default freq and the box is goona be stuck in an update loop and ya not goona be able to get in via libby now.
a forced update might have sorted it or just letting it run its course
i think ya gonna need to reflash the attys so ya can set things straight again in libby to let the box complete the update this time ot get a flash thats already cr4

clean the simm card and socket - leave it alone for a good while and it should fire up ok. its having a bit of trouble talking to the simm.

i left it over night and thought it was sorted,accepted update,unpluged it moved it room,now its stuck on pace.

then it now has another problem - a pretty common one by all accounts. many things can cause that. looks like you'll have to tear it down and poke around a bit. you might consider letting it cool down for a time then try plugging it back in. sounds like a dry joint and unrelated to the update problem.

i did led simm mod,though i can,t see any thing wrong.any suggestions.I have now seen something,one of the pads is lifted on the under board mod,I don,t think that would do it,I have put some conductive pen on it,its the pad to the right of board?any suggestions

ok people ,i have now got 2 pace 4001 hanging on pace,one was updated,the other just went ofand displayed err3,got it to move to pace,but it goe,s back and forward,I also found faulty tuner can inside it,raplaced it.help appreciated.

by chance are they both the older 4001's without the coax from the reader to the tuner/talkback box . ive got the same problems with my mine and a mates. i managed to get 2 boxes going both had the bypass filter thing (coax)inside and the newer more holes for cooling covers .and the other 2 my spare and another mates which were both ok but now wont boot just sit on pace .cant just be coincidence or is it just bad luck.

Back