Pace box problems

lal000

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a pace 4001NC. Sometimes it displays 8888 & stops working. Has anyone experienced this?

Hi

As stated above dry joints and would need to reflow atmels.

get to maplins get your self a flux pen and a solering iron and put plenty of flux on the atmel chips then gently run over the legs with a hot soldering iron or blow tourch

Hi

Do as graeme in the above post has said and gently push down on atmels at same time. I did this on a 4000 a few weeks back and all ok. Just be careful not to overheat with hairdryer though. I did it using my daughters hairdryer and them things dont half get hot.

Regards

Dosent always work, so might need a new box.

8888 issue

Hi,

Just tried to reheat atmel connections with soldering iron, but i have shorted some of the the connection as there is very small gap between the connections of the atmel, i am finding it difficult to separate them. How do I get around that?

if you have tryed all and it failes if you can get another( can) try replacing this

Sorted! Its working. Followed graeme instructions. Cheers Mate..

Is it difficult to modifiy a samsung box, how do you get the numbers for the card and cut off return signal - my soldering skills are ok but am a bit clueless about the process

Back