Pace 4010 or 40001 card reader please help.

L33tpL4y4

Inactive User
Reaction score
Can someone point me in the right direction, I need a card reader for a 4010 or a bottom reader in a 4001 would do, can you buy these new?

Or would some kind person have one to spare, ill even pay for it and the post.

I have a spare 4010 with a mute error and would like it fixed.

Regards

card reader

hi i managed to fix one of these problems once and all it was was one of the contacters had bent over.if you look down on top of the reader theres a metal strip you can slide that away and see the contacters from there.all the metal strip does is add pressure from the card to the contacts if there are any bent you can straighten then the best you can then slide the metal strip back and it might work.also check the contacter switch at the very back of the reader is ok it detects when there is a card fully inserted into it.hope this helps ya

i have tried this m8 2 of the pins are wrecked and not cliping in or nothing, any 1 got an old pace 4001 which is fooked id buy of them?

rs and farnell sell them any card reader from the pace box will do or even one off an old programmer.

tmc

tmc said:
rs and farnell sell them any card reader from the pace box will do or even one off an old programmer.
tmc

ok cheers m8 thanks for that. good job.

Hi
had that problem on a 4010
Opened up a 4001 took off the top reader
then u take it apart
disgard the top piece
and refit the 4010 top piece
keep the spare bits another reader can be made

Sorted

tmc said:
tmc

Got the new reader today, with thanks from this chap, got it from RS next day, for 1.25 cant be bad to that. Cheers M8

Back