Pace 4000 stopped working

jonesy

Inactive User
Reaction score
unplugged the power to the cable box so i could use my modem and when i plugged it back in the screen was blank with no listings and an error code of B1014 any idea's :mad: :mad:

its this new vod/teleport thing telewest have brought out it updates the software on your cable box but like everyone else you will have an antiupdate mod on your box to stop this happening :mad:

So im just reading all the about it now so i can get me box to update to the new firmware :)

A lot of us are in the same boat, you'll probably all note that you may need to change the net id & freq as I did but it still appears a 4000N will need to not only be unmodded it also needs the TW software dumps. Although I'd like to see if others have any joy I'm willing to give it a go.

what did you use to change the net id and freq mate libby ?

i have subscribed box downstairs when i change the net id and freq should i change it to whats on the subbed box ?

As far as I know, the di4000n box WILL still work in telewest, but you must 1st take it to an excw area and upgrade to cr3.2, then bring it back to telewest and upgrade to cr4..
I havent tried it myself but Ive heard that it works, hope this helps

edcase

edcase said:
As far as I know, the di4000n box WILL still work in telewest, but you must 1st take it to an excw area and upgrade to cr3.2, then bring it back to telewest and upgrade to cr4..
I havent tried it myself but Ive heard that it works, hope this helps
edcase
Yes it does cous my box is working fine and its a 4000n and i'm in tw area.

ok so we have a plan where's the nearest ex cw area to liverpool ?

There is another way that i have just read on another forum, the reason its not updating is because of the ntl software. If you switch you cable box off and restart it that will tell you on the display what software you have tw or ntl.

here's what it say's

Ye, ull need to flash the tsops on your box with ones of telewest..As atm its got ones of ntl, as when you boot it up, it comes up with the ntl logo.

Youll need something like a williem programmer or clanzers..To programme the actual tsops.

And if yout stb is on cr1 atm, it must have a no update mod, that will need attention.

Hope this helps but im gonna keep looking :)

jonesy said:
what did you use to change the net id and freq mate libby ?
i have subscribed box downstairs when i change the net id and freq should i change it to whats on the subbed box ?
No I used a Funcard, it took a little effort but it did work, I was able to set the netid/freq but it does work. Thanks to davidh for the file. Handy little trick...
Then tried the but there is a def difference in the s/ware as the sub box has less pages I think. Anyway if I can find out how to undo the au mod I can get the box onto an ntl feed (which I suspect will be ex C&W as it's Stockport although can ayone confirm this) then and upgrade to cr3.2, (a forced upgrade?) then bring it back to telewest and upgrade to cr4 (forced?)
It's worth a bloody try, just need some advice on the au mod (undo) cr3.2 & then I suspect after a cr4 it needs to be re-modded.

More questions than answers at the moment but I'm sure we'll get there. Plus I make regular trips to Liverpool as the better 1/2 works there :)

Bit of an update here, took a look at this screen http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13640&d=1128552227

I'm not 100% sure mine have 'been removed' they feel slightly flat compared to others but others are also the same (if that makes sense) so my q is simply does cr1 ALWAYS meen the box has had the au mod or is it simply for the ppv on a fc? Theoretically an Nthell box running the cr1 would not update from a TW feed I believe. Can some of the more experienced on here agree?

pervez75 said:
Yes it does cous my box is working fine and its a 4000n and i'm in tw area.

UPDATE: Tried this on an ex C&W feed but as this box has (reva 2.5) it will not work at all on a exC&W feed couldn't even get into the engineers menu???

@jonesy - the wirral or widnes is excw mate

@knet - the 4000n is an excw box so it should definatly take the feed.

edcase

Back