Pace 2000 not picking up remote signal

DodgyTech

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I have a new style balck remote which controls my tv. The thing is, that my box isnt picking up anything unless i go really close and even then sometimes it doesnt work.

Tried the remote on another 2000 box and it worked.

Do you think its a simple task of resoldering the ir receiver in the box. and if so, how do i know which LED looking thing is the IR receiver?

Thanks

crystal in the box

Hi, you need to put a hot solder iron on the crystal for about 30 sec. and it should work.
Open the box and locate the crystal as attached in the post.

P.S: MODS IF I'M NOT ALLOWED TO POST THE IMAGE THAN PLEASE DELETE THE POST. THANKS

Hi, you need to put a hot solder iron on the crystal for about 30 sec. and it should work.
Open the box and locate the crystal as attached in the post.

P.S: MODS IF I'M NOT ALLOWED TO POST THE IMAGE THAN PLEASE DELETE THE POST. THANKS
Hey Jaylo or is it j-lo? lol. Thanks for that info mate. How comes it is the crystal and not the infrared receiver part.

it seems to be working now. i left the box on standby overnight. i think the heat from the box is messing with some soldering somewhere (either the crystal or the IR receiver)

Im having the same problem. My box was working all fine, till one day no response from the remote. The bottom led on the front pael stopped flashing when the remote was pressed. I luckiny have spare boxes lying around, checked that the remote was working on the other box which it did, so i swapped the front panels over. Still no luck though. this means there is a problem somewhere else.

WIll have to look in the crystal business i guess.

Thanks for your help guys.

It worked. Can't believe it. I held the soldering iron for 30 seconds and nothing happened, so then i held it for a further minute whilst pressing the remote buttons and hey presto.

Who ever thought of that... genius.

Thanks

I sorted this out today, havent tried since i posted.

I tried the soldering iron method but my efforts were fruitless, so i wiggled the ribbon between the front panel and the main motherboard and it worked!

Hope this info helps someone :)

Back