pace 1000t smartbox updateing

mentholflash01

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi everyone
can anyone shed any light on this my 1000t is in update loop so i borrowed a working box took of the atties read them then flashed 2 new atties then swapped them with the ones in my box all ok started up without the simm got err2 then put in feed put in sim and got smartbox updateing again
does anyone no how this could be
thanks all

hi mate
i tried a different simm and then a test simm the first simm didnt do anything just stayed in the same loop the test simm however is just giving pace then hangs on that
any ideas mate
cheers for the reply
ps any ideas where i could purchase a simm card from as ive knackered 1 burned it do you think its worth emailing pace america and asking for 1
cheers again mate

hi every one
can anyone help with this ive checked for no update mod it just wont go set net id with test sim pin and freq then put in another simm and the box still goes back to updateing
cheers

by rights your box should work m8, {unless the box shorted a cap while it was updateing previously}-----go back into the e/menu and check your signal levels{dvb demob status page12} snr estmate ??? and lock status ??

hi mate
i have to use the test simm to get in eng menue this is wat it reads snr 36.0 lock status unlocked does this tell u anything or do you need more
thanks again for your help mate
cheers

lock status "unlocked"<<<<< this is your problem m8 ? {snr looks ok}

make sure page1 is exactly the same as a working box from your area [freq, default symbol rate and qam}

check the mcns downstream lock on page13{if its "unlocked" suspect the cim)----try a cim from a working box

page12--change channel freq to the same as the default freq on page1
{if you still dont get a lock in the lock status "then it has to be the onboard tuner nearest the back panel or the circut supplying it}

hi mate
front screen is the same just a thought this box had something wrong with the scart it all worked fine but when tv channels showed they were mainly green fiddleing with the scart fixed this temporarily so i reflowed the scart points will this have something to do with it or am i in the wrong direction entirely it did work after this but then it had bad crc
should i have mentioned this earler i didnt link the 2 till just thought i may of disturbed something are these 2 linked
i tried another tuner but still got the same
cheers for your time and help benny
thanks

the scart will stop you getting a picture onscreen but it wont stop you from getting an upstream lock m8 {unless you fried an ic close to the circut you were reflowing }
front screen is the same , "whats this supposed to mean m8" i hate guessing games {without proper info no 1 can help}

what tuner did you replace ?? {the cim were you cut talkback or the onboard tuner}-----------------------------are you getting a lock in the mcns downstream on page13 ??----------i know page 12 is unlocked "is page13 the same

hi mate
sorry if you didnt understand me when i said frontpage it was because its the first page you get to i meant page 1 the tuner i hanged was just the talkback tuner thought this was the only tuner didnt know there were more.
ive added some pics to illustrate more the pages
so the first page is the same as a working box in my area
page 12 now says locked but it says unlocked sometimes to just not when i took the pics
page 13 to me just looks wrong with all those invalids on it i posted 2 pics of this page bevcause the quam you asked about has fluctuating rate so i took a pic of both
hope this will clear things up for you because i know if there clear for you then you will probably know the answer
sorry again for the lack of info in the last post just got excited when i thought i sused it with the reflow and wouldnt have to waste any more of your time
thanks for all your help mate as ive relied on your knoledge quite a lot and its got me this far i still enjoy learnin thou so hope i will learn more from your next post
thanks mate

the snr estimate does look a bit low m8 {26.5db}--------seems strange you were getting a good snr in a previous post with no lock, "yet your getting a lock with a below par signal in the pic" ??

the talkback tuner you replaced, plugs into the 2 mainboard tuners {replace the mainboard tuner nearest the back panel}

add

pm me your address mentol got the bits you wanted off and in envelope ready to stick in post box.

hi everyone
thanks all for your replies
ive now changed the tuner furthest back as benny sudjested now i dont get a lock at all on the feed
any help would be aprieciated

you replaced it with a fauty tuner ?? or you haven't soldered it back properly ?? {it can only be 1 of these m8}

check for mute error under card status in the e/menu ??

you could replace the tuner nearest the card reader with the 1 nearest the back panel {just run the box with the 1 tuner}

hi benny
do you reckon i should start with the 1 i ust changed
i.e. take this 1 out check the box with just the 1 i havent touched and have i just got to check page 12 and13 in e menue for the lock
didnt know the box would run with just 1 in it else ide of tried that when it was out
thanks again mate for your help it is appreciated

Back