Pace 1000 Talkback Help

liamrsi

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, have a problem with a pace 1000 box.

Firstly im in a C&W Area 41042, all my other boxes have updated either by themselves or with a forced update, however, this one will not

Have they made an update for the 1000's?

Secondly, i aquired this from someone and upon plugging it in, i have no flashing talkback light, and also when pressing On Demand, the screen comes up (Old One) saying

Show Type: Adult
Day: Friday

Then giving a list, however, when i press interactive, it says this service is being updated and will be ready shortly, but never is?

Now the box has been opened but i didnt wanna go dismanteling the tuner if i didnt have to, do u think it needs cutting???

Cheers

box

if you have not got a flashing light then talkback needs cutting its easy to do matey plenty of tuts on here

yeah ill have to do it, cant believe it hasnt been done tho, its been used for a few years aparantly?

Looking at my subbed box, the talkback light is solid, where as the one on the 1000 box is not on at all and is never on, i take this as it has been cut right?

I have found that with some 1000 boxes even with a tuner with no tracks cut it still gives a flashing light-this was when the trick to get sky movies 9+10 by re-connecting the talkback came about a few months back. If I were you just pop it out anyway and have a look inside-it only takes 5mins to do and it will ensure it has been done.

It's also not difficult to cut the LED so if the LED never comes on. That maybe what has been done. The constant flashing of the LED may irritate some people. Safest way is to have a look inside and check.

Back