pace 1000 phase b 8888 error

i-zombie

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hello -got a small prob my mate bought me his box round wainting me to make his fc a au -but when i plugged the bugger in all i got was 8888 on the display ,so i opened the box and saw 2 wires soldered to the bottom of the battery-no connected to owt else-i took out the sim gave it a clean and the socket too-but still the error-also i noticed that 1 of the atmel legs was missing(now i think this is whats wrong wi it) but even so i thought id ask you guys b4 i tell him his box is fooked

so fellas any ideas

any help greatly appreciated pleasee

sounds like he could be fookin around
he will say it was ok when he passed it to u
the 2 wires r possibley a antiupdate that has gone wrong

could u tell me how the anti update mod is done on yhese so i can check the other connections please-n if he is fookin around wi me hes a cheeky *******-hes was payin sum bloke a tenner a time to update his card -shit man u try to help and save a mate some money

sounds like someone has made a botched attempt to get the boxkey by lifting the atmels - if there's a leg missing it would never have worked in that state. sounds like the box is truly foobar.

nah it aint that the bk is written on the bottom of the box ,i think that its a botched attempt to undo the no update mod-but since i dont know how its done on one of these so i cant check

I think pin 11 would have been taken high I.E. connected to the battery that stops the box updating.
Thats probably the one thats broken when the update mod was reversed.
Not sure if you can repair it.
You may be able to solder a wire add from the chip if there is any leg showing to the pad where the leg should have been.
Bit tricky and reqiures good eyes and a good solder tecnique

meh well thats what i thought-could i use an atmel chip from a 2000 box-i got one lying about with a fooked ir

violentj said:
meh well thats what i thought-could i use an atmel chip from a 2000 box-i got one lying about with a fooked ir

didnt the front board work
if not it may need to be set up in engineers menu

no it didnt,i got 3 new remotes too-what do i need to do in eng menu

Back