Pace 1000 ph1b

dogiatal10

Inactive User
Reaction score
i got a few pace 1000 ph1b's and none of them are taking the update,i have heard about the force update but do not no what this is, can anybody tell me what to do, thay are all smellywest boxex and been in that update state but not done it. they all have fun cards. help

Maybe they have been modified not to be able to update.

Look on the mainboard for wires near the 'Atmels', there were a couple of ways of modifying it.

yes, there is a wire from just near the atimals going to another part of the box, if i take this out will the box take the update?

Last edited:
If I remember right pin 11 of the TSOPs in the 1000 Phase 1b needed to be disconnected from the processor to do the modification, there may have been tracks cut or pins lifted. They need to be connected.

I think its pin11 on the atty nearest to the battery where the track will have been cut, although i dont really remeber.

edcase

is the tsop the atmel's cos i cant see anything cut or liffted round that area, only this wire that goes from please see pic att.

Last edited:
dogiatal10 said:
i got a few pace 1000 ph1b's and none of them are taking the update,i have heard about the force update but do not no what this is, can anybody tell me what to do, thay are all smellywest boxex and been in that update state but not done it. they all have fun cards. help

unplug from mains, power box back up, immediately after connecting box to mains hold in standby button, OHAY should be displayed, release button, 0000 should be displayed, press favourites, then press interactive, then press tv guide, then press tv button, 4321 should be displayed, then press the ok button, leave it to update itself, this may take a few mins or more.
hope this helps

did not work, the update did not take. still getting blue menues

dogiatal10 said:
is the tsop the atmel's cos i cant see anything cut or liffted round that area, only this wire that goes from please see pic att.
cut the wire and force the update againe

Don't know if this will help but I have a phase1b and had to undo the anti-udate mod in able to force update after VOD came in.(Thanks to Edcase without who's help I wouldn't have done).
On mine there were a couple of wires on the underside of the board going from battery to a couple of other points. There was also a couple of tracks cut which are virtually impossible to see which needed to be re-soldered. I downloaded the pic from here and worked from that Apparently there were a few ways to do mod? After that force the update and it should go about scrolling through numbers on front and hey presto job done!

Also attached another thread where I got a bit of info about another way this is done.

http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34576&highlight=1000+anti+update

afcwomble said:
Don't know if this will help but I have a phase1b and had to undo the anti-udate mod in able to force update after VOD came in.(Thanks to Edcase without who's help I wouldn't have done).
On mine there were a couple of wires on the underside of the board going from battery to a couple of other points. There was also a couple of tracks cut which are virtually impossible to see which needed to be re-soldered. I downloaded the pic from here and worked from that Apparently there were a few ways to do mod? After that force the update and it should go about scrolling through numbers on front and hey presto job done!

Also attached another thread where I got a bit of info about another way this is done.

http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34576&highlight=1000+anti+update
just wondering if yours already had the 2 wires, or is that what you did to repair so it would take the update

dogiatal10 said:
just wondering if yours already had the 2 wires, or is that what you did to repair so it would take the update

the 2 wires were added and 2 tracks cut, {he un-solderd the 2 wires and re-solderd the cut tracks, so his box could update

that is what i thought, as my box has not got any wires underneath and can not find any tracks that have been cut

Yes mate, as Benny59 says the 2 wires were already there. I just reversed what had been done. From reading up on this when I found the site there were a few different ways to do this mod so its a case of finding which anti-update mod is on your box and undoing. The atmels have such small legs on them its not easy to spot without magnifying. I borrowed a jewellers eyeglass to check mine, have you looked this close? Apparently the phase 1bs take all updates with no problem(correct me if i'm wrong) so well worth persevering with them. Sorry the underside mod wasn't on yours. I'm sure the more knowledegable on here would know the different anti update mods used?

i also have pace 1000 1b and it keeps rebooting, wont stay on but have found a wire from atmel near simm attched to battery, could this be stopping the update

Yes mate thats the anti-update mod. Try either cutting the wire or removing the end from the battery and give it a go then. Dont try to undo the end near the atmel just yet as it's really fidddly and if the box updates when you do above just leave it.

sorry to bring up and old thread but does anyone still have the pic for doing the no update mod on a phase 1b please

Cheers
Chris

sorry to bring up and old thread but does anyone still have the pic for doing the no update mod on a phase 1b please

Cheers
Chris

what cr version are you trying the noupdate mod on m8 ??? {could be a waste of time on anything above cr3 in excw}

what cr version are you trying the noupdate mod on m8 ??? {could be a waste of time on anything above cr3 in excw}

I just did a 4000 for my dad and was hoping to do the no update mod on my mams which is a phase 1b the software is 3.2 or 3.3 cant remember wembley current and the 4000 was ok so hoped the 1b would be aswell

Here is a pic of the underside mods.
Don't know if there is anything else to do and haven't tried it.
Don't have one of these boxes.

Back