Pace 1.b box CR1

Briak

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, I was looking for some help on my Pace 1.b box that's on CR1.

I'm exC&W in the Manchester area and lost a fair few channels recently, I realise N3 is on the way so any fix would only be temporary.

Sky Sports etc is still working but some channels not e.g. Moie channels.

I changed the dates on my Atmega card which allowed to me get back alot of the channels. I presume its the flash that I'm using that is the reason I can't get the remaining channels I see alot of the flashes referring to 3.7, do I need to somehow upgrade the software to CR3 to use this? (does it refer to CR3.7) I'm a little confused on this. If this is the case how do I update from CR1 to CR3? If that's not the problem is anyone able to help on what the problem is?

Thanks in adance :)

the 1000s +2000 series are avin many problems wih channels goin off dont think they can handle the new software that good due to the memory in these i think

The cr1 is the problem. Really stretching the memory cells here but I think you will need to enable talkback and then force an update using '4321'. This info may be wrong and someone will probably verify if it is? In the 'olden' days on the 1k's we used to 'cut' a track in the tuner can. Open the tuner can by removing the holding nut on the back of the box where the cable connects. Undo a screw inside holding the tuner to the board and manouver it out. Twist the little lugs and the lid will come off the can. you will probably see where a track has been scratched away. Try and re-connect this link (minor soldering may be required) and talkback is reconnected. After this force an update and you 'could' end up on the latest software. Alternatively you may just fook the box up completely!! If you try it some people would recommend removing talkback once you have updated. Personally I was always against this however, in the current climate with the impending N3 I wouldn't bother anyway.

p.s. If this does work I would like to know. I have a few pals who are on CR1 with the same problem but I been on $ky for 2 years and have no cable feed to test (or the inclination for that matter). IF it works I may just help them out.

Last edited:
Nothing to do with tb. If your box is still on CR1 then it's been forced to stay on CR1 usually with a wire from the battery to the atmel.

You should be able to see which way your box has been modified as there are a few ways to force the box to stay on CR1.

If you have a slim wire coming from the battery then you need to cut it and it will update next time you switch on.

Though to be honest we have lots and lots of CR1 cloned boxes all with the ird (12 0D 2A 10) around me and they are all ok at the moment.

Last edited:
tbh its not worth the hassle with these boxes as they are way too slow

Thanks for the replies I appreciate it.

I think I'll just stick to being happy with what's left before N3 kicks in, the talkback is scratched off as one of the replies mentioned and I don't fancy trying to resolder only to update to software the box can't handle and lose what channels are left.

The main reason I wanted to fix it was to get mutv back :p ironically I can get the liverpool channel....

As a final query, is it possible this has happened due to the flash I'm using (I'm still using the old Toxic7f flash)? Would anyone who does get all channels in the ex-cw Manchester area and is on CR1 be willing to point me in the direction of the flash they are using? (To reiterate I'm on Atmega)

Thanks again all.

Last edited:
Back