Own subbed mac on a 250 ??

thomson

Inactive User
Reaction score
With the hackware etc succesfully installed on a 250, is it possible to use your own subbed mac address on it, I need this confirmed as ive asked a few people, some say yes some say no, so iam confused ??

I can use my own subbed mac on a 200 using sigma, I thought I would also have been able to do same thing with a 250 ? but ive not attempted the 250 just yet, soon though I think.

I tried trawling through loads of posts and got sick of reading after a few pages (as ya do), so I hope someone can help me on this without people all moaning and saying the usual "try doing a search mate" thingy, lol....

Appreciate it :)

i would use (7step tcniso or something. u turn the modem off then on and it catches ur config) to find out the config ur using on ur subbed modem first m8

i don't know if they can 'catch' you playing like that if u use ur subbed mac

they probably can :)

With the hackware etc succesfully installed on a 250, is it possible to use your own subbed mac address on it, I need this confirmed as ive asked a few people, some say yes some say no, so iam confused ??

I can use my own subbed mac on a 200 using sigma, I thought I would also have been able to do same thing with a 250 ? but ive not attempted the 250 just yet, soon though I think.

I tried trawling through loads of posts and got sick of reading after a few pages (as ya do), so I hope someone can help me on this without people all moaning and saying the usual "try doing a search mate" thingy, lol....

Appreciate it :)

u can m8 just remember to spoof nic address or use a use a different nic and u will be just another clown on the system

u can m8 just remember to spoof nic address or use a use a different nic and u will be just another clown on the system

on the same ubr sir? am i right in thinking that he should at least use his subbed config? .. nice man you are of course :)

I use my own subbed mac on a 200 using sigma, I thought I would also have been able to do same thing with a 250 ? but ive not attempted the 250 just yet, soon though I think.

on the same ubr sir? am i right in thinking that he should at least use his subbed config? .. nice man you are of course :)

he can use on the ubr if turn off his subbed otherwise it will just keep rebooting but i only recommend for trials (testing clones until u can get other mac ) but diffinately can be use on other ubrs no problem

he can use on the ubr if turn off his subbed otherwise it will just keep rebooting but i only recommend for trials (testing clones until u can get other mac ) but diffinately can be use on other ubrs no problem

I'll tell you my setup, i have 1 subbed modem (250)-(2mb) which is unplugged and tucked away in the cupboard, has been for long-long time..
In that long-long time ive been using a hacked 200 instead of my subbed 250.
The 200 has sigma on it, it has a 10mb config on it giving me 10mb speed, it has the subbed 250's mac address on it, it always has done since i first modded it, and i only have one ethernet card, so ive only ever had either of the modems connected to that one ethernet card, obviously only one at any one time.

I do know/understand that its usually best to have another ethernet card if playing with modems etc, but ive never ever bothered in all the years ive been messing with them and thats been a longgggggg time.

Now, about the 250 that iam going to hack, I was so sure that just like with my modded 200 using the subbed 250's mac, i would simply be able to use that same subbed mac on the modded 250 ???

I thought it would be just the same idea, although i do know that the hackware on the 250 isnt sigma.

Hope this makes things a bit clearer to anyone reading this thread, cheers chaps :)

will any mac work on a 200 or does it have to be a 200 mac because iv got loads of 250s

I'll tell you my setup, i have 1 subbed modem (250)-(2mb) which is unplugged and tucked away in the cupboard, has been for long-long time..
In that long-long time ive been using a hacked 200 instead of my subbed 250.
The 200 has sigma on it, it has a 10mb config on it giving me 10mb speed, it has the subbed 250's mac address on it, it always has done since i first modded it, and i only have one ethernet card, so ive only ever had either of the modems connected to that one ethernet card, obviously only one at any one time.

I do know/understand that its usually best to have another ethernet card if playing with modems etc, but ive never ever bothered in all the years ive been messing with them and thats been a longgggggg time.

Now, about the 250 that iam going to hack, I was so sure that just like with my modded 200 using the subbed 250's mac, i would simply be able to use that same subbed mac on the modded 250 ???

I thought it would be just the same idea, although i do know that the hackware on the 250 isnt sigma.

Hope this makes things a bit clearer to anyone reading this thread, cheers chaps :)

So, did what i explain above make things any clearer ???

So, can I just have this confirmed then, will my subbed 250 mac work on a hacked 250 (only the one modem on line at any one time) ???

yeah but like i said b4 ... use ur subbed config too just to be safe

ok thanks, so its just like iam doing just now, subbed 250 mac with 250 config file, ok cool, cheers mate, thats what i thought from the start but its just that ya hear some people saying this n that, know what i mean ? anyway, thank you mate for taking the time to reply to me :) , didnt look like there was a load of people waiting to reply for whatever reason, so again man, thanks, i will add rep to you.

This is not a good setup !

At some point they will see that a modem with a MAC address that should be on 2Meg is running at 10Meg AND that its in the correct area.

That being the case the real subscribed owner of the MAC should be complaining that his real subscribed modem is continuosly going on and off line. The fact that you are not complaining about this indicates that the real subsribed modem is not actually online so the probability is high that you have been tampering and have either uncapped your modem OR cloned your own MAC !

Use a MAC address from an adjacent area - its far safer in the long run !

At some point they will see that a modem with a MAC address that should be on 2Meg is running at 10Meg AND that its in the correct area.

That being the case the real subscribed owner of the MAC should be complaining that his real subscribed modem is continuosly going on and off line. The fact that you are not complaining about this indicates that the real subsribed modem is not actually online so the probability is high that you have been tampering and have either uncapped your modem OR cloned your own MAC !

appreciate the advice mate :), its taking them long enough, lol, its been like this for long long time now, maybe year or two i think....but i will take your advice and switch over to someone elses mac, i have a few friends that can help me with macs from other areas.

sorted now :), mac changed to another one.

Just checked summit, how come ive changed the mac address in the sigma webpage etc, but when i look on the shields up website my info for my internet connection is exactly the same as it was with my own subbed mac yet the mac iam using is a friends from couple of miles away ???
i would have thought different mac would have different info on the shields up page ?

Last edited:
I dont think the mac has changed or summit even though its changed in sigma page, plus i rebooted the modem etc (power/off/on).

The info on the shields up page should have changed surley from what it says when i had my own subbed mac ??? ive asked a few people to test this theory and they say that when using someone elses mac as apposed to thier own subbed one, the shields up page give different info for each mac, well this isnt the case with me, its stayed the same, can someone tell me how this could be please and if summits not right ?

Also, is there another way of checking the current mac on the modem other than the sigma page ??? baring in mind we'r talking about a 200 model now and not the 250, so the mac changer.exe program doesnt work, i checked ?

Back