Outstanding issues on Technomate receivers still not corrected

Have a browse at some early threads in the TM800 section and particularly mention of Dr Linux, LINUX DREAMER and Sat Racer, also known as TMFAN
all the same person and see for yourself

I feel for you guys :( I thought after the TM800 we wouldn't be seeing threads like this on here again about Technomate receivers

Clearly this is hardware/s/ware issues at fault and not the end users who are left adrift hoping

Precisely what members here have been saying for ages these satellite receivers were put into production with untested Hardware clearly a recipe for disaster,

Known hardware errors:

TM5402HD Blind Scan error with 45,000 symbol rate being selected by the receiver when a low symbol rate is in use this information was fed back to Technomate by myself & others despite this they pressed ahead with this known Hardware fault with the production of Blade 7000s,Dr HD15F,& all clones of the original have the same 45,000 symbol rate error no attempt has been made to correct this so as far as enthusiasts are concerned they should look elsewhere for a reliable & accurate Blind Scan receiver as Technomate no longer make one.

TM5302HD Blind Scan was a total mess when it was released assigning symbol rate limits to unrealistic Ku Band parameters that did not reflect the real world of satellite for example this was the original Hardware Build:_

Steps--Symbol Rate --Ku Band scanned--
1 MHz 300 to 45,000 Scan selections available
--------------------------(10950 to 11200)
--------------------------(12500 to 12750)
--------------------------(10700 to 12750)
2 MHz 1,700 to 45,000 ---------------------------
3 MHz 2,500 to 45,000
4 MHz 3,500 to 45,000
5 MHz 4,800 to 45,000
6 MHz 6,000 to 45,000
8 MHz 8,000 to 45,000
10 MHz 11,000 to 45,000
13 MHz 14,000 to 45,000
16 MHz 19,000 to 45,000
20 MHz 23,000 to 45,000
24 Mhz 27,000 to 45,000

As I could not select what part of the Ku band I wanted to scan outside the 3 bands set in the Hardware so I E-mailed Technomate & explained that I could not scan 11450 to 11700 ect without an error message.

After several attempts they eventually made it possible to scan any part of the Ku band,

Then I noticed that the scan would not complete & the receiver would crash during a Blind Scan several attempts later it got a bit better but never perfect like the TM1500 & TM6900HD

It is hard to believe that the above layout for the Blind Scan was ever approved as it is totally illogical & was designed by someone with little to no knowledge of what the Blind Scan actually does,

I again contacted TM & explained that changing the software would not correct the Hardware issues & either recall all the TM5302HD receivers or start from scratch & redesign the Hardware to something more practical & issue a new model with the corrected Hardware,

A simple solution would be with this layout that is very easy to implement:

Stepped Blind Scan in 1 MHz,2 MHz, 3 MHz, 4,MHz. 5 MHz, & 8 MHz,
Remove the current Hardware restriction on symbol rate so that the receiver can find all active transponders from 800 to 45,000 symbol rates

I have not received a reply to the last suggestion but it should be clear to anyone with some Technical ability to see how much better these receivers could be by correcting the original Hardware then the TM5302HD would be able to find all the active transponders on a satellite & not the 50% it can only find atm due to this Hardware error.

Last edited:
how do you mean put my box through its paces ?.i have done ! i feed hunt, but given that 5402 cant decrypt most feeds that i want, mainly 4.2.2. ie. clean sports backhaul feeds. all other feeds are news reporters,outside broadcasts etc, who cares ? most of the time its for a channel that i already recieve anyway.could you elaborate on the many other glitches ? what exactly is there go experiment with ? satellite box is for viewing any channels that dish can receive ? it does this fine
Plenty of peeps have documented hardware/s/ware issues.

You make valid point about the access to crap, perhaps if focus was spent making the Stb. do what it says on the can as an example blind scan just one of many, if you have put your box through its paces you will find many other glitches.

Many peeps simply want to experiment , feed hunt , rather than just watch channels.

Enjoy your Stb. jamsb.

Back