Outstanding issues on Technomate receivers still not corrected

TM5302HD no reply to several e mails to Technomate

Technomate have too few staff assigned to correct the problems with this receiver issuing upgrades that only correct some of the problems but ignoring the standard satellite receiver functions does nothing to progress the stability & reliability of the TM5302HD

After extensive testing the results look very bad for the TM5302HD

Still not working correctly on the TM5302HD with the latest software:

PVR player timer does not start & PVR does not play back without freezing,

YouTube still not working,

CAS keys do not update with USB files,

Blind Scan still missing 50% of active transponders,

Blind Scan erratic does not complete Blind Scan,

Latest software not suitable for correction of current receiver errors.

Ethernet connection errors with latest software

Not having one of these receivers I can only 'generalise' merliin mate, but assume other USB features such as loading new firmware DO work ok - but what about loading latest softcams, does that work ok?
As for CAS keys, can you go through rigmerole of adding them all from a printout sheet?
I again find your list of outstanding faults as farcical - nothing seems to penetrate these 'phantom' peoples' brains, whatever we say?
It is also I agree of great concern that having marketed this range of receivers, TM seem to be evading their follow up software responsibilities to their multitude of customers!
After all, TM are cnot the CHEAPEST receivers on the market - and despite the fact that we all religiously keep standing by them through thick and MEGA thin, they are still proving very disappointing with their responses to our problems!
The PVR problem sounds almost identical to the one on MY receiver, my TM6900HD Super using platch 752P, yet old patch 726P works near perfectly - surely as has constantly been relayed back to TM, this cannot be rocket science technically, to copy the relevant part of the software from patch 726P into a new patch 753P?
I find all this utterly gobsmacking!:Angryfire

We live in hopes that the Phant0m can fix these issues but looks like he is a bit busy atm

The_Phantom.jpg

The Phantom
Sunday 28th April 1:50pm - 3:45pm
Channel 4
Action adventure starring Billy Zane. Ace crime fighter Kit Walker, known as the Phantom, is the latest in a long line of family members to don the costume of the legendary hero. But he faces his toughest task yet when a gang of pirates sets out to find three magical skulls, which, when united, bring unlimited power to the holder.

Thats brilliant mate - but as with the ongoing TM saga, who the hell IS Phantom - legendary, I dont thing so? lol!!:Biggrin2:

We live in hopes that the Phant0m can fix these issues but looks like he is a bit busy atm

View attachment 73253

The Phantom
Sunday 28th April 1:50pm - 3:45pm
Channel 4
Action adventure starring Billy Zane. Ace crime fighter Kit Walker, known as the Phantom, is the latest in a long line of family members to don the costume of the legendary hero. But he faces his toughest task yet when a gang of pirates sets out to find three magical skulls, which, when united, bring unlimited power to the holder.

Korean with English Subtitles

Best Wishes,
Zorch

It concerns me as an owner of a TM5302HD despite feedback here & elsewhere that the current receiver errors have not been addressed,

Is there any point in continuing the feedback for the TM5302HD when very few of the problems have been resolved,

As my TM6900HD Super is out of action atm due to the remote being worn out due to everyday use after several years,

So rather than spend £25 on a new remote I will be on the look out for a decent Blind scan receiver,

Blind Scan Receiver requirements:-

Scan any part of the ku band accurately without errors

Symbol rate coverage 1,000 to 45,000 kbps

Fast processor to enable fast but detailed Blind Scans

Display transponder data in as much detail as possible DVB-S2 MPEG-4 ect

+ normal receiver functions such as DiSEqC 1.2 & USALS, Channel Editor, 10,000 channel storage usb connections for receiver upgrading.

also required but not essential:
Working PVR
CAS & Biss enable

Any thoughts on to where I should look ?

There is another patch out today saying via 2.6 fix.

Lord knows if anything else has been fixed. I cant upload it or test it.

Over at s// un//////

Hope i dont get slapped down for posting this. jamsb.

Thats the one. Thankyou for uploading this.

Im almost afraid to post anything about Tm at the mo. There is a lot of raw feelings and sheer disapointment, myself included with Tm. Im at the point i dont know what to try next as im not into linux nor c/s etc.

Purely someone that enjoys the challenge of feed hunting.Thanks again. jamsb.

Did any of you see the pathetic response from TM to MY question to them in Download Centre about their LACK of response?
They told me that as my TM6900HD Super is five years old (dont THINK it is either!) to email them personally about the remaining PVR etc probs - obviously they cant READ either?
Again, I despair, TM are SO amateurish!:Biggrin2:

Yes i read your post m8. It simply defies belief.

Perhaps when peeps realize there Stb. is at best faulty mostly does not do what it should in the basic functions.Vote with their wallets and move on as i am trying to do.

Would not have believed i would or could write a post like this about Tm. given i have had many years of pleasure from them . jamsb.

Your welcome jamsb :)

why are you afraid to post anything about TM ? if you have genuine reason to post anything you are unhappy with you have the right to do so :)
TM are bullies, well I should rephrase that 1 person there is a bully and tries to scare people with threats, don't be fooled by this person he just blows hot air ;) Oh and a blainted liar

enjoy the forum mate and don't be scared off by fanboys :)

Thats the one. Thankyou for uploading this.

Im almost afraid to post anything about Tm at the mo. There is a lot of raw feelings and sheer disapointment, myself included with Tm. Im at the point i dont know what to try next as im not into linux nor c/s etc.

Purely someone that enjoys the challenge of feed hunting.Thanks again. jamsb.

Its obviously as if TM are attempting to wash their hands of THEIR responsibilities to those who have deigned to buy THEIR products, sooner rather than later!
What I mean is that the Sales of Goods Act 1972 surely suggests that manufacturers owe it to their customers to provide back-up and upgrades as part & parcel of their priviledged position AS manufacturers - and that just because a receiver had been superceded by something newer does not mean that they should NOT provide improvements to their older versions?
So although my TM6900HD Super was superceded first by the 6900 HD Super PLUS and then by the TM6902's, it most certainly does NOT mean that TM should not still provide firmware upgrades to their older models!
Crikey the TM1500's have been out nearly TEN years, yet they were always providing new/revised firmware for those WELL after their sell by dates, so why not also with the TM6900HD Supers etc etc?
They (TM) never used to be as pathetic as this - especially when Darkman was 'at the helm' concerning software updates, so why NOW with Phantom?
Again I appeal to TM's 'better' nature and plead with them to get back to reality here!
Its become pretty apparent to most of us that all our problems only began with the fall-out between DM & TM a couple of years ago - and the sooner someone of DM's ilk was back on board - the better!:toiletcla

Hi jamsb et al,

...It simply defies belief.

Perhaps when peeps realize there Stb. is at best faulty mostly does not do what it should in the basic functions.Vote with their wallets and move on as i am trying to do.

Would not have believed i would or could write a post like this about Tm. given i have had many years of pleasure from them

This has been going on for absolutely ages mate...

I think it maybe a good idea to resurrect the thread started by dazman1122 (6th August 2012) and then see what happens...

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/289704/

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Last edited by a moderator:
@holmroad.

Your correct in legal terms under the sale of goods act.

Is that a route we have to go down?

I hope not.

Re the other two parties you mention im sure the row was about chip sets currently used but cant be certain also i think the row was more Linux based as opposed to closed source Stbs.

I could be completely wrong if so i will be corrected. jamsb.

@Zorch.

Have read part of the link you posted, that is beyond belief to ask for lists of current problems then ignore the requested list,when people took the time to report.

Was this requested by Tm. or a.n.o.? jamsb.

Think I'm right saying it was requested by 'Phantom' - but obviously on behalf of TM anyway mate!
Phantom even put some sioftware up to 'log' all faults as you are using your receiver, but in my opinion it proved totally inpracticable to operate without having your pc next to your stb all the time!
They are now blaming OLD receivers not being hardware-wise compatible with newer ones - I understand the logic - but TM1500's lasted YEARS into newer versions but are still provided with updates, so surely its yet another OTT response to our very sensible feedback to THEM (TM), where they chose to either ignore our help - or maybe its as I'm suggesting that they simply are incapable competence - wise to respond?:Hit:

Hi again jamsb, holmroad, Merliin et al,

Have read part of the link you posted, that is beyond belief to ask for lists of current problems then ignore the requested list,when people took the time to report.

Was this requested by Tm. or a.n.o.?

Addendum to holmroad/Merliin's excellent post/s ...have a look at the following threads...

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/288694/

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/288469/

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/282667/

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/282349/

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/282053/

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/281873/

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/281772/

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/269576/

I hope this helps...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Zorch

Thanks for posting those links.

I am completely gob smacked at the length of this discussion, the meticulous details produced for actions to be implemented on behalf of Tm.

Moreover clear statements made to implement fixes.More requests for details being made.

Something has seriously gone amiss here.

Clearly this is hardware/s/ware issues at fault and not the end users who are left adrift hoping
Tm. will make good the problems.

I have other threads i want to read on the forum and see where it goes from here. jamsb.

Back