Outlook PST Folders?

Shaggy

Inactive User
Reaction score
OK, I have my hard drive split in to 2 partitions both running xp.
Now the one we always use started to go funny....so I formated the other partition to in stall a fresh xp, thinking I would still get my dual boot screen to choose which XP I wanted to boot to, as I did before.(need all my stuff from Outlook( contacts,calander etc etc))

I dont! I just now goes straight to the new XP fresh install.

I can see the files on the other partition.

Now can I add a line to my boot log to ask me which 1 I want to boot to or does any body know where the files or on my other partition, so I could just point my new outlook to them and back them up.......

If I cant do either then I am dead meat with SWMBO!

karym6

DW Member ++
Reaction score
its pst files you need, not folders.

do a search for them on the other drive and you will see them - should be quite large.

once you have them, you should be able to move them over

Shaggy

Inactive User
Reaction score
ok, just to confirm. I have not done a back up the files I need.
I want to either point the new outlook to them, then back them up or copy them to my new install.

If that makes sense.
I have done a search for PST file but it has only fould the old back up file that I saved to a external drive about a month ago....

oneman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
By default Outlook data files are held in,

c:\documents and settings\<userid>\application data\microsoft\outlook

I f I remember the Application Data may be hidden so ensure explorer is set to view system and hidden files.

Shaggy

Inactive User
Reaction score
By default Outlook data files are held in,

c:\documents and settings\<userid>\application data\microsoft\outlook

I f I remember the Application Data may be hidden so ensure explorer is set to view system and hidden files.

well there is a load of file in there, just going to install Office and find out....thanks...fingers crossed

Shaggy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Oneman- close but no cigar....lol.....
they are in

C:\Users\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst

But many thanks, I can now breath again....lol

Shaggy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Thats if you are using vista, onemans path is correct if you are using XP/2000 etc.

As I said in my 1st post, it is XP I am running and the path I have posted is correct on my PC....coz all is fine on here now....:banana:
C:\Users\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst

karym6

DW Member ++
Reaction score
Yes mate I have got SP3 installed....Don't know if thats why....
it possibly could be, the last time I checked XP (2 minutes ago) the path was the one specified by oneman.

I think he works in support, so its a question for him. Previously, when I provided IT support, XP didnt use that path.

oneman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
The XP path came from my XP workstation.

Either way don't care, I normally do attrib *.pst /s from the root of C: as I have seen people save them in all sorts of wired places.

TEST