Outlook problem

telsave

DW Member +
Reaction score
Hi Hope someone out there can offer asolution please. Suddenly I cannot access any URL through a link from an inbound email in Outlook. I get the error code "this poperation has been cancelled due to restrictions on this computer" To my mind I have made no alterations to anything in the computer I am too thick anyway. hope some bright intelligent young person can help. Cheers

My 1st guess would be that this actually has little to do with outlook and is an internet explorer problem

Try resetting internet explorer.

To Reset Web settings

1. Open Internet Explorer.
  2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
  3. Click the advanced tab, and then click the Reset button.
  4. Under Internet programs, verify that the correct e-mail program is selected.
  5. Click to select the Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser check box.
  6. Click Apply, and then click OK.

If you receive a message when Internet Explorer starts telling you that IE is not currently your default browser, click Yes to make it your default

Hi Mate Thanks for prompt reply I have tried resetting as you said but get the same error. It is not a major problem to cut and paste a link into my search engine just an inconvenience but I really appreciate your help.

Back