Out for a bit

oneman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Going under the knife (well laser actually) for a bit of eye surgery tomorrow.

Should be OK to use PC again either Friday or Saturday hopefully.

Good luck m8.

Can't abide anything to do with the eyes. My Missus wears contacts and that creeps me out enough!

dont rush backmate, theres an virus about on here....green eyed scot flu,

symptoms make suffers believe they can take liberties with english fans,

symptoms also make them have severe memory lose with regards to there own team.

it'll pass so you rest your eyes it should have gone by the time you get back lol.

that aside its a breeze mate i know people that have had it done and they,ve been fine after 24hrs.

Going under the knife (well laser actually) for a bit of eye surgery tomorrow.

Should be OK to use PC again either Friday or Saturday hopefully.

Hi mate,

I had my eyes lasered around 6 years ago cuz hated wearing glasses and it was the best thing i ever did.
It was worth every penny and would do it again if needed.

Hope all goes well mate as sure it will.

Good luck m8.

Can't abide anything to do with the eyes. My Missus wears contacts and that creeps me out enough!

LOL me too.

Having laser isn't probably as bad(??) but that's one of my biggest fears in life having to have some sort of eye surgery. Its not natural to be awake and someone jabbing a needle straight into your eye.

Makes me cringe just typing this post!!

Anyway,good luck oneman,all the best.

Its not natural to be awake and someone jabbing a needle straight into your eye.

It aint that bad and they didnt do that to me. Couple of drops and you cant feel a thing mate.

The lasering takes about 3 minutes and your done. The only thing i remember is the small smell of burning hair which aint nice but NO PAIN at all and even after it wasnt painful just uncomfortable and feels like you have got sand in your eyes for a couple of days but like i said worth every minute.

:Clap:

Also i would have this done every month rather than put contacts in, forget that sh*t. :lol:

Last edited:
hope all goes well oneman

It aint that bad and they didnt do that to me. Couple of drops and you cant feel a thing mate.

LOL I'll take your word for it mate.

Its things like cataract removal that bother me,have you seen the procedure?

How Do They Remove Cataracts? | eHow.com

Laser eye surgery seems far better but I'd still want knocking completely out even to have that. Totally squeamish when it comes to eyes!!!

best of luck oneman, i hope it all goes well. i only recently found out i'm far sighted in one eye and very far sighted in the other. i've never worn glasses before but now i have the tesco £10 specials. i fancy the laser surgery (although i'm scared i'd become a statistic) but i've reasoned that if i'm prepared to sit around letting the rest of my body waste away then what right do i have to spend our families meagre income on somthing i might squander. If i ever get round to doing some exercise then i will certainly sort my eyes out. until then its probably best i dont look too closely at myself...

best of luck oneman, i hope it all goes well. i only recently found out i'm far sighted in one eye and very far sighted in the other. i've never worn glasses before but now i have the tesco £10 specials. i fancy the laser surgery (although i'm scared i'd become a statistic) but i've reasoned that if i'm prepared to sit around letting the rest of my body waste away then what right do i have to spend our families meagre income on somthing i might squander. If i ever get round to doing some exercise then i will certainly sort my eyes out. until then its probably best i dont look too closely at myself...

I think you have to wait for a year of stable perscription before they allow the operation. And nothing wrong with £10 tesco special specs, my specs are from there. Kids have destroyed a few pairs and when they cheap it does not feel so bad.

Actually one of the main reasons for getting the surgery is because of my exercise classes. I could just about get away with wearing spec for kick boxing class (except when sparing) but no way I could wear them for jujitsu. When for a grading a couple of weeks ago and I could barely see to the other side of the dojo.

Good luck with the surgery today m8, see you at the weekend.
(no pun intended)

Surgery was very quick, around 10 minutes. Just a lot of waiting around before hand.

Very sore afterwards, not painful, just like having sand in your eyes. Feeling better now, visiion is still blurry and could do with a good nights sleep.

Phew...

When I looked at the title, I though you were doing some experimenting & becoming a raging homosexual for a brief period. I see Thommo is already a sufferer.

I hope you can push back through the pain, I'm sure if your eye starts winking, he will be more than happy to rub his own special ointment on it.

Back