original ps1 game converting

jay 210

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi peeps ...i was going to play psx games on my psp ..save me downloading the games . ive already got the original ps1 games on disk is there any way of draging them off the disc and converting them to play on the psp...thanks : multi :

looking for cdrwin

posting to myself..lol .... just found this Not my work

OK - so here's another nice tutorial that'll tell you how to convert your PSOne/PSX games to the format used by the PSP (EBOOT.PBP and KEYS.BIN). FW 3.03 OE needed.

What you need:
1 - Original PSX game disc. Alot of them are hard to find now, but if you look hard, you'll find them and at throw away prices, too!
2 - POP Station GUI. Get at at http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/994
3 - CDRWin. Get it at http://www.goldenhawk.com/cdrwin.htm

Process:
1 - Pop in your PSX game disc in your PC's CD/DVD drive.
2 - Launch CDRwin and click the 3rd icon - Extract Disc/Track/Sectors
3 - Select the drive in which your game disc is
4 - Set Extract mode to Disc Image/Cuesheet
5 - Enter a path and image name to save the extracted image in/as.
6 - In the Reading Options frame, select RAW and leave evertthing else as is. Now hit START.

Once you have your disc image, open the POPStaton GUI file (after you've UNRAR'd it.
1 - In box 1 - browse to where you've saved the ISO image
2 - Select an Output folder
3 - Select the Game Title from the list of options available.
4 - Leave everything else as is and hit GO.

In about 3-4 minutes you should have your EBOOT ready.

Now browse to your output folder and you'll see 2 files there - EBOOT.PBP and KEYS.BIN .

Connect your PSP via USB and go to PSP->GAME. Create a new folder here - anything you want really - so if you ripped Silent Hill, create a folder called Silent Hill or SH or S Hill or whatever. Paste the 2 files in this folder.

Once the transfer is complete - disconnect the PSP and on your PSP's XMB, go to Game->Memory Card. Here, you should see your PSX game - READY to play!

Note - you MUST have 3.03 OE installed!

just looking for cdrwin now as the link looks dead in the tut....: multi :

thanks for the info guys , i have both programs , so ill c which is easier to use
regards biffo

Back