options please

mas05

Reaction score
ok guys im well out off the loop these days, im from back in the fun card days....

I live in a none cable area so i guess thats out of the question now, so for us that live in a none cable area what is the best way to go?

zgemma
mag
iptv
???????
i couldn't find a gen chit chat so chancing it here....

Ok and IPTV in uk what one to use?

I've a Pi3 as well but think there old hat now.

Any recommendations please on a provider???
And any guides there's that many on YouTube that do it many different ways.

Latest way would be good or most stable..??

Ok thanks for letting me know.

Upto date setup guides??

Use a Mag, give your provider the mac address, job done.;)

So no installing of and software ? A standard mag come with the correct software installed.

Lots off the YouTube videos have you updating things and putting urls in.

???

I use stb emulator on a android device for iptv sub and then use android apks for free access to movies and tv shows.
As my providers vod is not as good as the android apps I use for movies and tv shows.
Most providers should give you setup instructions depending on what device you are using.

If you have an LG or Samsung smart tv you can use the smart iptv ap available for a 5 euro 1 off fee then you give the iptv provider your tv mac and they upload the list ;)

I'd go with an android box for an iptelly sub if your internet is up to it.
You might not actually need the droid box if your telly's smart enough to be able to install a player for the service.
Either way you could also install free apps and addons for all the pre recorded content too.

Sorry, you can't ask us who to go with and we can't answer you either or we'll all end up on the naughty step m8.

Try a few demos to make your decision, all the good ones do free trials.
If I were paying :) I'd want iptelly with multiple copies of the sports channels I watch, with folders for quick navigation, a well maintained vod section with hd movies and telly series in English without subs, a decent epg with picons and logos, their own app, and a support forum.
I'd stay away from the UK ones, as there's a special task force after them atm. Most of them are just resellers of bigger global provider services usually anyway, which the task force are steering clear of for the time being (while they go after the ukers) so you're better off with them imo
I'd say you're in the ballpark of €80 for a year m8 - theres all kinds of silly prices tho tbqh.
Becoming a reseller is another option if you have a few friends that want hooking up too. They sell them in blocks of 50 as a minimum for a lot less as the providers expect the resellers to sell them at €80 and still turn a profit. I saw one selling a block of 50 for £200, which seemed quite reasonable to me.

Or for those that don't like paying ;) There's lots of iptv panel scanners and videos showing how to use them on youtube, or the daddy of them all Sentry MBA, to help you find a working login.

Not a fan at all of mag boxes. Don't like the lay out of them and if box packs in you line is tied into the MAC address.
Seen the mag 250 around £40 then the mag 256 around £90.
So for talk sake say you buy the 256 with a year and the box packs in you could be down way over £100
(Happen to a family member after 2 months)

Personally I'd go for the zgemma i55 around £60 providing your supplier can issue a flawless script. Takes no more than 4/5 minutes to setup with a simple telnet command. You don't even need a computer to run telnet both android and iOS have apps that allow telnet.
Basically it's an E2 (enigma2) box detected to IPTV. An open source box and you can make it look like sky+ or skyQ box with proper 7 day EPG and you can add things to it either by FTP or the plugins.

Parents are moving so will be setting them up, will be using Android boxes with Kodi and IPTV simple client, have had it running rock solid for about a week.

For dedicated live TV I prefer my ET8500 on Vermin, but that is not an option for them.

THe Kodi option alows me to customize the GUI to make it as simple as possible giving them full live TV but also full VOD via Exodus

If you have an LG or Samsung smart tv you can use the smart iptv ap available for a 5 euro 1 off fee then you give the iptv provider your tv mac and they upload the list ;)
yes i have a samsung smart tv so your saying no need for a mag box?

yes i have a samsung smart tv so your saying no need for a mag box?
correct look in the app search for smart iptv you get a week free then a 1 off 5 euro payment gives permanent use

I'd go with an android box for an iptelly sub if your internet is up to it.
You might not actually need the droid box if your telly's smart enough to be able to install a player for the service.
Either way you could also install free apps and addons for all the pre recorded content too.

Sorry, you can't ask us who to go with and we can't answer you either or we'll all end up on the naughty step m8.

I'd say you're in the ballpark of €80 for a year m8 - theres all kinds of silly prices tho tbqh.
Becoming a reseller is another option if you have a few friends that want hooking up too. They sell them in blocks of 50 as a minimum for a lot less as the providers expect the resellers to sell them at €80 and still turn a profit. I saw one selling a block of 50 for £200, which seemed quite reasonable to me.

ok so if i got a andriod box are you allowed to recommend one, some are cheap Chinese rubbish so ive read ????
how do you tell there not a reseller???

Personally I'd go for the zgemma i55 around £60 providing your supplier can issue a flawless script. Takes no more than 4/5 minutes to setup with a simple telnet command. You don't even need a computer to run telnet both android and iOS have apps that allow telnet.
Basically it's an E2 (enigma2) box detected to IPTV. An open source box and you can make it look like sky+ or skyQ box with proper 7 day EPG and you can add things to it either by FTP or the plugins.

and these are done by streaming ? you dont need a cable line??? with a zgemma i55???

Back