Optic cable

Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
ordered a new optic cable and it arrived this morning ;)

just had a go at need for speed with surround sound from my home cinema setup

and it blows you away with screeching from each wheel from left and right speakers and engine noise from th front and breaking from the back and bumping the sides sends shake waves around the room with the sub ;)

you feel like your in the middle of the race its amazing if you like realism could not believe the quality of the sound they put on games (all

FOOKING AWSOME

you have to try it if you are already a home cinema freak like me lol

Last edited:
re

ordered a new optic cable and it arrived this morning ;)

just had a go at need for speed with surround sound from my home cinema setup

and it blows you away with screeching from each wheel from left and right speakers and engine noise from th front and breaking from the back and bumping the sides sends shake waves around the room with the sub ;)

you feel like your in the middle of the race its amazing if you like realism could not believe the quality of the sound they put on games (all

FOOKING AWSOME

you have to try it if you are already a home cinema freak like me lol

have to agree.

the first extra purchase for my 360 was a optical lead, even games like snooker sound better in digital.

:)

I totally agree ....... a good 5.1 system and a decent set of speakers totally immerse you in the games ...... a must buy if you own a 360.

hmmm were could i get hold of this optic cable from and how much u reckon it will cost

i got a home cinema kit 5.1

so would this go in the back of my dvd player(the speakers connect there)
or in the tv?

at the moment it sound wicked thats with normal cables but if u say this optic cable will make it loads better then i would like to get 1

It would plug into the existing component cable from your xbox (depending on what type/brand) and then into your 5.1 amp. I got 4 optical inputs on my amp. 1 for TV (Dreambox), 1 - CD, 1 - Xbox 360, and 1 for DVD player.

i went an got a optic cable but guess what my amp dont have a optic in!

and my tv got optic out but no in!

fookin gutted

now need a new cinema kit.....lol

i got a sony htddw780 for my birthday for £200 it has 2 optical inputs on it and a digital coaxil for dvd players. i got the joytech rgb scart with optical out with it too. it sounds awesome. best game so far is call of duty 3 with all the explosions going off and stuff sounds incredible. the difference in detail between pro logic2 and dolby digital is quite incredible very high detail.

Adding an optical lead allows you to play games in Dolby Digital with the right equipment and it's definitely a massive improvement.

Back