openvpn vu duo2 using vix Help! on set up configuration files

you have to type in the path and the .ovpn file name.
the command you are entering is an example i gave you and will not be the same on your receiver as i did not know the path to the ovpn files and i did not know the name of .ovpn files you have.

openvpn /<path_to_ovpnfile>/<name_of_opvnfile>.ovpn.

im will break down the above command for you.

part 1: "openvpn" = the program you are calling in this case it is openvpn. this part will be the same on your receiver

part 2: "/<path_to_ovpnfile>/" = this is the path to the folder where the .ovpn file is. for example if i have a folder called "johns-files" and that folder is in a folder called "files-folder". then the path for this will be /files-folder/johns-file note the 2nd "/" is to signify that the next file/folder is in the previous. the first "/" signifies that the "files-folder" is in the root folder of the receiver.

part 3: "<name_of_opvnfile>.ovpn" = this is the name of the .ovpn file you are trying to run. lets say there is a .ovpn file called uk.ovpn in the johns-files folder from the previous example then the full command would be:

openvpn /files-folder/johns-file/uk.ovpn

from what i can see from your picture to run UDP Canada.ovpn file. you will need to run the following command

openvpn /etc/openvpn/UDP\ Canada.ovpn

You will have to enter "\" before the spaces as Linux does not like spaces.

as i recommended before check out the following tutorial and just follow the commands. It is very well documented and easy to follow.

www.tech2guides.co.uk/how-to-setup-vpn-on-enigma2-openatv

Thanks for reply. I have vpn running, using that guide using a single openvpn file, but Is it possible to setup more than one openvpn file, at the same time.
Many Thanks.

no as far as i know you can only use one at a time. but i could be wrong.

you could create a cron job to change the .ovpn file everyday or whenever you want.

Thanks for reply. Where would I find the information for that.

I am getting some where now. If I type the openvpn /etc/openvpn/UDP\ Canada.ovpn I get Enter Auth Username I can do the, when I enter Auth Password it will not let me do any thing, But if I press return it starts to run, but comes up with this.

Attachments

• 20170823_193108_resized.jpg
    20170823_193108_resized.jpg
    381.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 20170823_194050_resized.jpg
    20170823_194050_resized.jpg
    474.8 KB · Views: 9
the cert file must not be in the .ovpn

try this command "openvpn --config <path_to_ovpnfile>/<name_of_opvnfile>.ovpn --ca <path_to_cert>/ca.ipvanish.com.crt"

i dont really understand what you are trying to do. You said you have it working using the guide i linked to.

to use it with different server(locations) just pick the server you want to use and follow the guide. e.g if you want to be connected to the Canada server then add the required lines of code to the Canada.ovpn and change the name to client.conf.

Hi all,

looking for a bit of assistance with this one...
set up openVPN on the VUduo with vix.
added the 4 files, crt, pem, client.conf and password.conf

go into services and press start - we got green and is running.
as soon as i leave that page and go back in its stopped?
no idea why
any suggestions?

cheers
Tam

Try running it via command line. It will give you more info. Also double check password and username correct.

sorted!!
thanks alan,
user and password file had changed to gobbledy goop

..... so it runs
but stops the IP*V??

..... so it runs
but stops the IP*V??

your IPTV provider may have your IP locked. so when connecting using a VPN they block it since it changes your IP. Most if not all IPTV providers dont want you using VPN.

hi alan...
when the itv had gone down recently i signed up for the vpn site they recommended....

contact your provider also ask what VPN server they suggest you connect to as this could have an effect on what channels you can receive.

hi there - having bother setting this up - will it work for PIA or is it for ipvanivh only?
ha ha never realised i had posted here before , PIA is recommended by them and their open vpn setup
cheers

Tam

should work for any vpn as long as you are provide the correct files

Back