openpli

chadda

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
dont know if this is in the right thread ? just installed openpli could someone tell me how i get epg please ?

which platform Virgin or sky , freesat etc etc

you need crossepg, epgrefresh, or epg importer all will do the job, crossepg is better for sky and others for virgin

crossepg, epgrefresh, downloaded from plugins ok but how do you run it ? not like vix image where you just select

Last edited:
menu - plugins - EPGrefresh - stumped from hear ?? press yellow button refresh now -- nothing happens ? how do you run it please

Abu is right mate id misread your post as epgimporter install that.

EPGRefresh is kind of a timer to work with epg programs epg refresh is mostly used to switch to a channel that carries an over the air epg, it wont help you much.

done that many thanks ----- so where is the epg list of a channel ? like on the vix image if your on BBC red button displays
a list of programs so you can record later --- cheers

So, you are asking how to view the Grid/Graphical EPG, not how to obtain the EPG data.

You will have to go into hotkey and change the settings so that pressin EPG opens Graphical multi-epg.

found hot key settings could you tell me how i do that please Abu

Note:
If I remember correctly, Vu have an issue where the drivers make the EPG button show up as INFO. People with other receivers may not need to do this. However, I have worded it so it can be adapted for any purpose.

First of all, put the image into expert mode.

Menu > Setup > System > Customise > Setup mode > Change to expert

Then
Menu > Setup > System > Expert Settings > Hotkey
Press Green to toggle the "extra keys"

You then press the button you want to change and assign the function.

In this case,
Press EPG
Press OK, a list of function swill be shown. hightligh the one you want and then press OK. (We want EPG, that is already highlighted.)
The list of options are shown in teh category. The set items are in bottom left. If two functions are assigned, you will have to choose after pressing the button. Seleting teh function again removes it from the list.

Press Green to save when you are done.

Attachments

• HotKey.jpg
    HotKey.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 4
many thanks for your time m8 sorted now cheers --- would you say this openpli is better than the vix image ?

Last edited:
been using vix image for years -- only reason i changed to openpli is my iptv sever was stuttering pixulating ect
he recommended i try openpli he said

better than Vix
it's source image where based Vix ---- must say the iptv is more stable now instant channel change no stutter ect

Back