OpenPLi 6.2 Sim2 DM800SE image develop build

problem your end
i have just did this again wireless found secured working 100%

Tried several boxes, also asked others.
Everybody with build in RT2800USB wifi does have this problem with this image.

Also your 'solution' to install oe-allience wifi is no solution. You just ignore the fact that it is not in the feed.

So "problem your end" is a very simple conclusion. From a "VIP" member someone should expect better...

@alimac: Another proof that it cannot be working correctly: aes-generic support is not installed in this image.

Finally figured it out together with some other members of this forum. The way to get working wifi including encryption support on this image:

opkg update
opkg install kernel-module-r8712u
opkg install firmware-rtl8712u
opkg install kernel-module-rt2800usb
opkg install firmware-rt2870
opkg install kernel-module-arc4
opkg install kernel-module-aes-generic

This way both wifi version of sim2 clone boxes will work.

Hi guys
I thought to give this image a go & once i installed i can not ftp ot telnet asks for password, can anyone give me the default passwd to get the ftp or telnet working please.
regards Talks.

There is no password its blank so just use root as user.

Some FTP programs dont like blank password so if you still have problems try another ftp program.

There is no password its blank so just use root as user.

Some FTP programs dont like blank password so if you still have problems try another ftp program.
Thank you Ferret,
I have got in and i need to ask a simple question sir.
will the triple tuner driver work ? I do have the triple tuner ipk pack so i need to know if the image is a e2 or a e1.6 i seen it only gives tuner A, so i am now thinking i should install the trialtuner for the dm800se sim i have the drivers but i am trying to find out if i should try the e2.0 or the e1.6 trialdriver for the tuner please.
regards Talks.

ok installed the trialtuner20b_dm800se_sr4_oe20 tuner are now all three, tried to scan the cable tuner and its not having it, I have put in the correct provider and local area for the cable scan but no joy. the cable is ok as it is the same wire to my other stb which has the triple tuners in the box vu duo2 with all tuners. so that is working fine. trying the dm800se with the sunray triple tuner seems all conected but as said it will not scan?
any ideas please.
regards Talks.

Not that simple on the trial tuner its a pig

This will help

DVB-C Scanning With Triple Tuner Sim2 DM800SE SR4

First some back ground info on the Triple Tuner Config Setup.

Before you start to scan for DVBC channels you'll need to find out the Channel Frequencies and Symbol rate for your Country/Area.

Once you have that you can start to set up the tuner configuration.

On your remote Menu-Setup-Service Searching-Tuner Config

1. Setup the tuner as per the screen shot.

TunerConfig.jpg

On the pic you'll see it says DVBC at the Satellite position that's because i did my own edit on the satellite.xml with my area details but as we are manually scanning just select any Satellite position it does not matter.

2. Now exit the tuner config and select the manual scan option and set up as per the pic.

ServiceScanSetup.jpg

The main thing you have to remember here is the frequencies you enter needs to have a 01 in front of it. So if a frequency for your area is 643.000 you loose the 000 from the end and put a 01 in front of the 643 so you end up with 01634 in the frequency entry. For the symbol rate you need in most cases a zero in front so 6667 will be entered as 06667.

Once thats setup up with those parameters press OK to scan

scan3.jpg

Now repeat for all your other frequencies.

Ive not tried a automatic scan but i guess you could if you prepare the satellite.xml with all your frequency details to scan with.

Hope this helps you. :thum:

Ferret

Hi Ferret
Yes you are correct in the above, but blimey buddy it is a right pain the the rear,
I had to go back to the gp3 3.2.4 image from our good old friend rami, that image works perfect with the triple tuner ipk file installed.
I am now only guessing here Ferret, If i make a backup of the image gp3 with the trial tuner installed then is it possible to take the gp3 image backup and use it to create a nice new image of open pli 6.1 or which ever is the best to make it work.
If this is way to much hassle then it is only a ask my old friend I know you are quite good with creating a decent image and thats why im asking.
if not its ok just an idea really.
Thanks for all the Responce above Ferret.
Kind Regards Talks.

No backed up settings from the gp3 wont work on Openpli as they are different OE

Never did backup cable images on the Sr4 because what works in my area wont in other areas.

PLEASE READ
opkg install oe-alliance-wifi <<< not working from the feed !

Sorry for late reply, I did not get any warning for new posts to this thread...
The last line opkg install oe-alliance-wifi doesn't belong there, that's my fault. oe-alliance-wifi is for OpenATV images...
According to your post #9 you have a lot of wifi drivers loaded, that can't be good. Do a fresh install or remove all previous installed wifi modules.
Looking at your lsusb output (ID 148f:3070) you have a RT2870/RT3070 Wireless adapter.
So I would suggest:
opkg update
opkg install kernel-module-rt2800usb
opkg install firmware-rt2870

opkg install kernel-module-arc4
opkg install kernel-module-aes-generic

These 2 also need to be installed to get it working. Otherwise the adapters are only detected but not working.

I have never seen those modules needed for wifi :rolleyes:
What kind of wifi protection are you using ? Here I have a simple wpa-aes pre-shared key network.
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

It's also WPA-2 Personal here, just checked.

I checked/tested with several others, also different boxes with standard usb2800 wifi build-in. Kernel-module-arc4 and kernel-module-aes-generic needs to be installed. Else your connection is dropped when using wpa2.

Connection tested with different Asus Routers with settings:
- WPA2-Personal / Pre-Shared Key
- AES WPA Encryption

WPA2/TKIP is not tested since almost all modern routers (also the asus routers) refuse this combination.

If it works for you, fine. Both my 2 tests show I don't need them.
Can you post your /etc/wpa_supplicant.ra0.conf (without your password) ?
I use a proffesional Aruba IAP207 btw, the other test is on a Ziggo Technicolor TC7210.

There's no wpa_supplicant.ra0.conf.

Inside wpa_supplicant.wlan0.conf is says:

#WPA Supplicant Configuration by enigma2
ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
eapol_version=1
fast_reauth=1
ap_scan=1
network={
ssid="name"
scan_ssid=0
key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
proto=RSN