opening dbox2 screwdriver?

motsey

Inactive User
Reaction score
ok i got a silver nokia 2box 2 can take the screws off the back but the black ones on the side are being a pain what do i use or how do i open them?

-Thanks

security screw driver for the case screws - a torx set should get you in...available in most hardware shops.

i got a set from maplins for a few quid it does the back panel screws ok but does not fit into the side ones (check for the side screws they are different size to the back panel screws.) .. u can use some pliers to turn them out .. but mostly u dont even need to open the box ..

ok thanks i might take the box with me and see if they have any

yea i have read about removeing the modem might cure a few problems

I couldnt find a driver that would fit at Maplins, but a small jewlers driver did the trick, it doesnt fit prperly but u can do it.

Maplins sell a "pros kit" it is a ratchet driver and lots of bits, all security and torx shit....the screws you are talking about are torx but they have a little nib in the centre which requires the torx bit to have a recess...the maplins kit has it and its only £10 and invaluable.

I just used a good quality small screwdriver and broke off the pin in the centre of the screw, now can use flat bladed to undo no prob.

Back