Openbox / Solomend pvr

qwertyasdfg

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Solomend 800HD pvr

The info Hooley gave me was a link to another forum so can't really be posting that here so I'll try and break it down for you and whoever may need it in the future!

Firstly download the latest firmware which is attached, extract the .abs file from this and copy it to your USB flash device.

Before upgrading the f/w on your STB, make sure you do a factory reset!

Now plug your flash drive into your STB, goto tools and click on factory settings, now click yes to contiune and now the box will be restored to factory settings and will restart.

Once restarted, click on menu and goto the tools menu again, scroll down to upgrade by USB and click start, after the loading is complete, accept the upgrade, the STB will once again restart.

After the upgrade is complete, do another factory restart as per the instrustions above!

This f/w upgrade will fix the following issue's that user's have been experiencing:-
+ improved blind fast scan
+ improved cccam fast connect to server
+ licensed AC3 code
+ add manual edit cccam and key by remote
+ add DiSEqC and switch the same time work
+ setting CA/CI the same menu show

If for some reason you are unable to upgrade using USB you can use the serial loader programme attached along with a null modem cable, connect the box to your PC using the cable, start the programme and choose the f/w file you require, as soon as you press next, tuen on the receiver and it should sync and upload the f/w.

Now in order to upload a c-line to this box, prepare a Cccam.cfg file with your c-line in it, save this file to your USB flash drive. Connect your USB device to the STB, now press menu and goto Cccam settings and now select Cccam plug setiings and then OK. Now select read Cccam.cfg from USB and press OK. After it has read the available code, select account management and now you can select upto 4 share lines at one time!

After activating the share lines go back to Network Local Settings and select it and now press OK at DHCP "ON", then select Apply and then OK.

Once everything looks in order, press standby and reboot the box and you should be away to go!

Hope that helps someone, I haven't tried any of the above yet, still waiting for my box to come, the above is just a combination of the instructions I have found online by various other user's whom have this box, please PM me if you would the link to the other forum where most of this info can be found!

Remember this box has various names for it, I have found it to be called solomend/sathawk/skybox/openbox to name but a few but they are all the same just with different fascia's!

Back