Openbox S9 Recording

ste03

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know how to watch/convert the recordings that are recorded on this box, they seem to be in separate files and vlc doesn't play them.

Thanks

Ste

.dvr files are becoming more common with cctv and pvr recording devices. This is a possible solution, but i dont have the .dvr files to try.

This is how you do it.....

1. Download SUPER from here, it is freeware. (we all know this software is good)
http://www.erightsoft.net/SUPER.html

2. Download All-in-one Codecs pack from here, it is also freeware.
Free-Codecs.com :: Download Codec Pack All in 1 6.0.3.0 : Codec Pack All in 1 is a collection of codecs for playing DivX movies

3. Install all codecs and SUPER

4. change you file ending from .dvr to .avi
5. start up SUPER
6. Just above the Encode button is an empty field. Click here with right mouse button and go to the top of the selection and select (Add multimedia file(s)
7. At the top of the screen I selected output container as AVI and output video codec as MPEG4.
8. I selected MEncoder
9. Video scale size (no change activated)
10. frames per second 25 because I am in Germany, you will probably take 30fps
11. bit rate kpps 1680, you can go higher or lower, this worked for me
12. Audio I disabled because I didn’t need this. You can experiment yourselves.
13. Stream copy I left alone (didn’t activate this.)
14. Right click on the interface and select output file saving management, then at the bottom of the screen select where you want the output files to go.
15. Click Encode and you are done.

------------------------------------------
Perhaps members can post their results here so we have working solutions.

my problem is the opposite i want to watch h264 mkv files on the openbox will that software convert h264 to dvr format and would there be a loss of definition

edogg

I gave up and bought a Cyclone Primus Media Player...it's great, plays all my avi's, mkv, mpegs, divx, jpegs, mp3s etc and has freed up space on my pc...recommended !

Back