Openbox S9 HD Rebooting

kopernikus

Inactive User
Reaction score
Having reverted to the August f/w I am still having problems with sly HD rebooting the box ~ Once it starts the only way to access the box is to disconnect the LNB ~ having done that I can restart the box and access every every satellite & prog but sly HD ~ Hooley suggested removing all the offending sly progs ~ does this mean that I cannot use this box for sly HD programs ???

Is it every Sly hd channel? Most people were having problems with one of the sports channel. Sly sports news hd was making my box reboot so i deleted it and replaced it with a different scan of the same channel. You know the way you get two or three different versions of the same channel, if that makes sense. lol

Last edited:
Is it every Sly hd channel? Most people were having problems with one of the sports channel. Sly sports news hd was making my box reboot so i deleted it and replaced it with a different scan of the same channel. You know the way you get two or three different versions of the same channel, if that makes sense. lol

It started with s*y spts 1HD which I deleted then its was with s*y spts 1 SD & other s*y spts channels all of which I have now deleted ~ Tried restarting after connecting up LNB and now the box is stuck with "On" on the box display and nothing ~ Help !

Connected up with NM Cable, com1, Sync'ed, choice of 8 or 9 options, picked the top one, flashed, box still says "on" now I cannot sync to it at all !. Back to square one. Is there a mini tutorial for this fix or am I being a bit stupid. I have flashed lots of cable and sat boxes in the past but this one leaves me a feeling a bit like a noobie ~ help

Connected up with NM Cable, com1, Sync'ed, choice of 8 or 9 options, picked the top one, flashed, box still says "on" now I cannot sync to it at all !. Back to square one. Is there a mini tutorial for this fix or am I being a bit stupid. I have flashed lots of cable and sat boxes in the past but this one leaves me a feeling a bit like a noobie ~ help

you have a pm

you managed 2 sort it??

No! not yet ~ I ran the program once, managed to sync the first time then was offered a number of options ~ I picked the first one ~ It seemed OK but the problem is still there and I now cannot communicate with the box using com1
I will keep at it, but I think it might be bricked

try turning it off clicking sync then turning it back on

Tried 2 PCs with com ports and cannot sync the box with null serial cable ~ tried also with laptop through USB serial adaptor ~ No Luck ~ I'm a bit pissed off with it at the moment so I think I will sleep on it and try again tomorrow. Thanks again Guys !!!!

Might seem a silly question but one that i think is worth asking.

Are you sure your using a null modem cable and not a serial cable as they both look exactly alike but are two completely different cables.

i had the same problem as you last week but fixed it with a null modem cable no problem

It is definitely a null serial cable, I made it myself and have flashed Starview boxes with it in the past. Basically I cannot get the box to sync.
Tried another PC and my lappy with a USB/serial adaptor but no luck.
Hooley had suggested a different fix which I tried with same result.
Apart from the word "on" the box is as dead as a dodo. With serial devices the PC usually has "found new device" but I'm getting nothing at all.
I have asked the supplier for a return code as I think it's bricked.
Thanks to all the guys for your help !

mine was exactly the same.

I used the null modem cable and the 'upgrade_PVR800 HD Tool' uploader.

with the box switched off run the uploader.

Just selected the default com 1 port, load up the latest .abs upgrade dump and click next, then straight away turn the openbox on.

A progress bar appears and the dump uploads then you get the prompt to write the flash, job done.

That worked for me.

Ahh, the loader i used was a newer version than the one posted in this thread.

try this.. and run EromUpgrade.exe in the 'upgrade_PVR800 HD Tool' directory.

I tried the upgrade PVR800HD last night. When I run the tool & select the eromclient.abs it comes up "wrong file" and aborts. Tried different com ports and another PC. Same result "wrong file"

you don't use that file, use the latest firmware update for the openbox or any hds2_cmt.abs file you have to hand.

I unpacked the box again this morning for one final try.

Thanks to ams3521 for the ultimate clue to as to what I was doing wrong! Because the Upgrade program defaults to the eromclient.abs file, stupid me thought that it was the upgrade file !
I tried the latest firmware first but got a file read error several times. So I tried the August firmware and after much power button flicking I got the loading screen and then the flash burning screen, and BINGO !!!! The box is back in action ~ Many thanks to ams3521, ste03, Hooley and all the DW guys for your help ~ I must write everything down for next time it happens.:banana::Clap:

kopenikus - please put down a tutorial on what u did. it will help others

Back