openATV 6.3 backup image problem

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I want to make a one flash full image backup setting bouqs the lot but the openATV 6.3 only allows you to backup the internal flash not all the settings. I don't want settings a separate backup. Which plugin does this ?, I cant remember for the life of me

Well all the settings should be in the flash unless your using flash expander.

Dflash use to be my tool of choice.

Last edited:
a full flash backup will include all settings in 6.2 unless they have changed it in 6.3

That's it they've changed it, it only backs up the empty flash. After its flashed you get faced with HDMI or RCA. When you select full backup you get:- 1 option,
internal flash openATV 6.3 and that's basically what it saves.
I really do not understand the point of that

Still on 6.2 here

Well That's a bit crazy , only think i can think of is to setup up your box with skins and all the stuff you require and then FTP to the box and save all the folders back to your pc as a backup , bit of a pain i know ?

I just wanted to send it to a m8 miles away he's absolutely clueless bar USB/FLASH so I'd stick it on my Google drive for him set to go then teamviewer so basically it's a one button press for him.
I couldn't believe it when he messaged me showing me the first set up page HDMI - RCA selection page.
I made a backup settings and did it that way but it took nearly 2 hours trying to explain to him what to do.
I might be missing something here, you get a page saying select but you only have 1 option:-
"internal flash openATV 6.3"
Select that no plugins or bouqs are saved. If someone tries it let me know how you get on

Will have to flash 6.3 and see what you mean.

2 plugins for you to try bakupsuite and dflash

Telnet install

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-extensions-backupsuite_25+git353 mips32el.zip
    106.5 KB · Views: 8
  • enigma2-plugin-extensions-dflash_13.7_mips32el.ipk.zip
    68 KB · Views: 6
I think what you have to do with openATV 6.3 is,
Menu
Setup
Software management
Advanced options
Select additional backup files
Then with the yellow button tick them all then Save then backup as usual.

I think what you have to do with openATV 6.3 is,
Menu
Setup
Software management
Advanced options
Select additional backup files
Then with the yellow button tick them all then Save then backup as usual.

Was simpler Blue button-full backup

That was it, what your describing sounds like a settings backup to use your settings on a clean image version.
You tried flashing the backup back ?

I'll have to get 6.3 on this weekend and take a look.

will try it later as not sure if previously ran that image

If you tick the boxes and backup using blue button it works fine, just tried it and re flashed it with the backup via a stick

It looks like on the newer openATV 6.3 they've turned "off" all the folders in the image all bar the "home" folder which contains the openATV 6.3 blank flash files for backup so you manually have to go in werre I said and tick them all the it works fine via blue button

ok loaded openatv 6.3 installed few plugins used dflash 13.0 which i sent to extensions by ftp
dflash backed up as normal full image as all previous versions so no change for me

I tried twice and both left out settings and plugins, it only changed when I ticked all the folders I advanced options.

Does yours say:
internal flash openATV 6.3
When using backup ?

nope dont see that just works normally

Hi Guys, I know this is an old thread but maybe I can activate it again with a few Q's.
using openATV 6.3, I have a "dFlash (13.8+git16)" in the Remove Extensions Folder BUT where is the Plugin and HOW to activate.?
Like "silverdale" above I also get the destination for the backup as being "internal flash: openATV 6.3" if I use his method in Post#8.
BUT surely this can NOT be correct?
I also have a HDD mounted as Toshiba 500GB Ext4 r/w: which is where the full BackUp should be going or not?
Thanks for any help
AJP

Last edited:
hi Ferret, yes i have, nothing there.
You uploaded the dFlash v.13.7 above in post#7
Is there a later version, as an .ipk?
thanks

Only 1.3.8 attached im not sure is supported now

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-extensions-dflash_13.8_all.rar
    241.9 KB · Views: 1
Back