only one eithernet port on pc

D

Detonation

I only have one eithernet port on pc so when i unplug it and put the cross over in from the box to computer i lose my internet connection and you need it to set the box up via ftp do i need some converter or something?

Detonation said:
I only have one eithernet port on pc so when i unplug it and put the cross over in from the box to computer i lose my internet connection and you need it to set the box up via ftp do i need some converter or something?
You dont need an internet connection to set up your box.

Just plug in the lead and use your FTP software.

You don't need an internet connection to access the box via FTP. Once the box and PC are connected, you access the box directly via its IP address.

All you have to do is set the p.c to the same i.p as the box anduse flash fxp this will work and is better than just using i.e to explore the box do a search or flash images over. or look for one of liam's guides to flashing this may help.

buy a 2nd network card than u can have internet and the box connected ..

Detonation said:

Just unplug the internet and put in the crossover cable. Then adjust your network card so that it uses a static IP address (see my guide for info on how to do this).

Once connected to the DBOX, set it up as required. DO EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO DO. Then plug your internet connection back in, and change your network card back to "automatically obtain IP address".

You'll need to get all your files downloaded from the net first before you attempt to do the box; obviously bcoz you wont have a net connection whilst you are fiddling with the DBOX files and settings.

Liam.

Its probably best not to be connected to the internet at first as it is a good idea to disable your firewall and virus protection when first configuring. You may need to have to connections later if you want to use plugins.

de_deej

Thanks for your help guys i now have all the channels but if i remove the pin from the f to coax the picture goes off and i have my broadband back on neither will work together it's either connect them both with f to coax which i get the channels picture working but that means my internet connection goes off am a bit confused so if you have any idea on what i need to do next thanx :)

not to sure what you mean? do you get your broadband from you original ntl/tw box? or do u have a seperate modem?
if it is from the old box you will need to use a splitter to run both, maplin sells them for about 4£ 2-way-splitter.

I will try and explain it the best i can i have a white box cable box at the side of my room it is not one of them black ones you can get now which are separate it leads to the samsung box so am guessing it is the old ntl/tw box?

the cable that comes in from ntl is a female thread connects onto the back of the box to a male thread does this need splitting? which produces the picture and broadband if that makes any sense.

Yeah sounds like it there are quite a few different splitters on the maplin site which one is it ? thanx.

Thanx just ordered one so this means i can watch it and be on net same time now yeah?

Detonation said:
Thanx just ordered one so this means i can watch it and be on net same time now yeah?
yes you can. split the cable even more and you can run a nother box on it ..

?

pls let me know how to enable two network cards on win xp home wud appreciate it thanks
gordy11

hi cooltool pleased ur online
i have a separate broadband line connection all i want to now mate is ive got sporster and ifa on harddrive can i flash it from there things im not sure about is where this blummin ethernet to ethernet cable connects to on pc or cable modem outlet and is there a bouquet for lincoln

tks m8
hope to hear from yu appeciate it

Back