Online in Thailand

Gavvodka

Inactive User
Reaction score
Need some info here,

my mate is going over to Thailand and will prob be there for a good part of the year.

He's getting a laptop to take over and wants to keep in touch with all the happenings over here so is gonna go online.

As he is moving around alot he wont have a permanent location, whats the best option for him?

whats the deal on sattalite Internet n that? or blue tooth etc?

l wonder if any of the mobile phone company's do the same over there ie a wireless usb

my boss is there at the moment and uses a vodafone fone and same for his lappy i think. he gets on internet most places and calls the uk bad compared to thailand. might be worth askin vodafone. i think they piggyback off a usa company but not sure

i went there about 2 years ago and i am with vodafone and when i landed there a company called DTAC

that replaced vodafone service, and they dam expensive to call home on,but we all know that its dear

anyway abroad but to use a phone on a laptop would be a wallet killer so i used the local internet shops but

remember i was on holiday so it is cheaper on the shop front of things,there service is expensive out there

Internet cafes as suggested is prob the best option. my boss uses his laptop but the firm pays for it so he don't worry about costs etc.

I was there earlier this year - There are wi-fi hotspots and internet cafffs ALL over the country.

Been twice, both times for a month, cafes are by far the cheapest and easiest option. Less than 50p for an hour.

Back