One for the bikers....

ukbob

VIP Old Codger
VIP Member
Reaction score
My grandson is due to get his first bike... a 125cc,but you gotta start somewhere.

i got to thinking,is there anything specific to carry with you for emergencies???

What do you carry about with you?

I've only come up with a rag for seat wiping...

Cheers miggy,
I forgot the essentials lol...
Cheers for link,not a bad price.

Always carry a Rema Puncture Repair Kit kit is for tubeless tyres and comes with the CO2 canisters to inflate the tyre.

Only time i didn't have it picked up a puncture in the front and the breakdown recovery took over 2 hrs to get to me. Nightmare middle of no where couldn't leave the bike. I'll never be without it again.

he's picking his jacket and boots as we speak bless him..

He's gone for a yamaha mt-125...
Grandad is getting worried lol

Cheers Ferret,makes sense when you say it.

Always carry a Rema Puncture Repair Kit kit is for tubeless tyres and comes with the CO2 canisters to inflate the tyre.

Only time i didn't have it picked up a puncture in the front and the breakdown recovery took over 2 hrs to get to me. Nightmare middle of no where couldn't leave the bike. I'll never be without it again.
Please please if you use this stuff make sure he reads the warnings and heeds them. My brother in law used tyre weld repair on his motorbike and carried on at normal speed (fast) tragicaly the tyre blew out at speed and he was killed. So please make sure its used properly

Wow IANB that post hit home.
Sorry to hear that,i'll drill it home to him.

I'm thankfull for every post as we aren't a biking family and haven't got any friends who are either.
I'm taking everything in.

@miggy
Can you remember the feeling of your first ride?
I can only imagine...

Please please if you use this stuff make sure he reads the warnings and heeds them. My brother in law used tyre weld repair on his motorbike and carried on at normal speed (fast) tragicaly the tyre blew out at speed and he was killed. So please make sure its used properly

The kit is a plug mate.

Plugs the hole temporary fix as a get you home and its not going down any quicker than the original puncture.

Got me back from Scarborough to Leeds at a steady 50.

Sorry to hear about your brother mate.

The kit is a plug mate.

Plugs the hole temporary fix as a get you home and its not going down any quicker than the original puncture.

Got me back from Scarborough to Leeds at a steady 50.

Sorry to hear about your brother mate.
Was a lot of years ago mate he was just 18 my wife was 20 it was on that’s life on bbc at the time warning of the dangers of the stuff. The issue was it was meant as a get you home at 40mph but when your young you tend not to read instructions or warnings :( Took is all a long time to come to terms with it. Very dark days.

Back