on demand

peterhiggs

Inactive User
Reaction score
the tv channels on my kryptview box ie tv364 etc,i take it these are demand services,i was flicking through last weekend and i sae hollyoaks,eastenders and a few movies,are these movies that people have bought in my area and would i get charged for them if i viewed them,the reason i ask,is that i have been charged £33 this month for on demand services from my normal v+ box,i have gone into the engineers menu and found no purchases for ppv events,the only reason i can think is that when they appear on my kryptview box i got charged,but then if thats the case,why havent i been charged for ppv adult movies or sports and movies,trying to sort it out,but i cant understand why i have been charged for ppv events when my normal v+ box is saying no purchases

No, you cant get charged as the box doesn't tell anyone you are viewing. You only pick up what someone else in your area has ordered by piggybacking onto their signal. You cannot order your own events and you have absolutely no control of someone else's events.

Any charges must have come from a subbed box. The engineering menu only shows you PPV type purchases (ie through the card), it wont show you VOD purchases (via interactive services). If you absolutely have not made any purchases then you need to raise a query with Virgin billing.

Its more than likely someone is using your box for interactive services without telling you though. Kids are usually a good bet !

Last edited:
i have raised my concerns to virgin and i am waiting for a reponse mate,just wanted to make sure the fault isnt with my kryptview box before i take the matter further mate,thanks again

i have raised my concerns to virgin and i am waiting for a reponse mate,just wanted to make sure the fault isnt with my kryptview box before i take the matter further mate,thanks again
It would appear that this phantom billing for items not purchased is becoming more and more common I seriously think the VM billing system has a definate bug in it

Back