Omagh Bombing.

witchy

Banned for good!
Reaction score
Omagh Bombing - 10th Anniversary.

Spare a thought for the 29 folks that perished that day.

Found this picture of the car which contained the explosives, it was taken moments before the car bomb was detonated, very chilling.

Omagh_imminent.jpg

Last edited:
And still the scum that did this walks free.

May the victims rest in peace.

Heres the car after the bomb.

article-1045044-024776F800000578-705_468x286.jpg

that seems like a lifetime ago but it's just 10 years.

that seems like a lifetime ago but it's just 10 years.

we were talking about that in work, i thought i was still in primary school when it happened so early nineties was shocked to see it was only 10 years ago

hard to think some of the people in that picture probably died that day

RIP

One family lost a grandmother, mother, daughter and two unborn twins.

Counting the twins the death count is 31, but stats only say 29 died.

One family lost a grandmother, mother, daughter and two unborn twins.

Counting the twins the death count is 31, but stats only say 29 died.

that really does blow big time.

i remember installing pc systems in the Portadown McD's when it was all kicking off, i was scared crapless. The taxi driver who used to ferry me from a hotel in Belfast pointed out with glee all the bomb and rpg sites, also took me down the orange men route.

Belfast is/was a strange city, the murials on the side of house's are scary.

I've not been in Belfast since I was a young teenager and I really did feel very uncomfortable. I remember huge yellow road blocks in the city centre and lots of soldiers with rifles. We went to a train station to get a train to Dublin and we were searched by people with guns, I don't know if it was standard proceedure or if it was because we had Scottish accents. Then there were all the anti-terrorist posters all over the place, warning us of unattended packages etc, I was shitting myself.

Witch, i thing Ireland has changed allot now, spent allot of time in Clonsilla, Dublin 15, nicest people ever. Glad all the fighting is over, the proverb is probably true, 'time heals all wounds'.

I've not been in Belfast since I was a young teenager and I really did feel very uncomfortable. I remember huge yellow road blocks in the city centre and lots of soldiers with rifles. We went to a train station to get a train to Dublin and we were searched by people with guns, I don't know if it was standard proceedure or if it was because we had Scottish accents. Then there were all the anti-terrorist posters all over the place, warning us of unattended packages etc, I was shitting myself.

Standard procedure witchy m8, no one at all could even go into center of town unless they where searched at security barriers, then you got searched going into the shops in the town. Those were the dark days, I was a kid when it was at its worst and being in town when a bomb goes off is scary but believe it or not....as I got older I wasnt scared anymore, I think I just got used to it.

The good days are here and are staying....no way will we let them destroy this now. Belfast is a really great place now and very popular with tourists.

@davelee....some murals are still there and are even a tourists attraction but a lot of the terrorist ones have been painted over by things like Geordie Best,Titantic etc.

jaffa, it just pee's me off, nice people, stupid religion battle, like always.

mmmmm, white pudding, can't seem to get where i live.

I missed this on Monday night, Panorama: Omagh: What the Police Were Never Told. It's on the BBC Iplayer website if anyone's interested.

Standard procedure witchy m8, no one at all could even go into center of town unless they where searched at security barriers, then you got searched going into the shops in the town. Those were the dark days, I was a kid when it was at its worst and being in town when a bomb goes off is scary but believe it or not....as I got older I wasnt scared anymore, I think I just got used to it.

The good days are here and are staying....no way will we let them destroy this now. Belfast is a really great place now and very popular with tourists.

@davelee....some murals are still there and are even a tourists attraction but a lot of the terrorist ones have been painted over by things like Geordie Best,Titantic etc.

yep its different alright . not being searched going into the shopping centre being dragged to the side of the road . lol socks and shoes off jacket off . poring rain . i remember being asked what my address was i gave a glasgow house where i used to live . they never even clicked on lol . jaffa will tell you . it became more strange at the end not seeing the brits on the road you just get so used to seeing them . it was normal life . id hate to go back to that again .our kids dont deserve it .

I missed this on Monday night, Panorama: Omagh: What the Police Were Never Told. It's on the BBC Iplayer website if anyone's interested.

I watched that and tbh...it reminded me of 24...honestly, why did they not realease the info, I just got the impression that because they could listen in to the terrorists mobile calls they didnt want to give them up, but once the evidence was out then the terrorists would ditch the mobiles so its a case of damage limitation for them.

I referenced to 24 because they do things in that which is for the greater good....not that I agree, they should have handed over any evidence to convict this scum.

Just watched that and to be honest it's quite scarey to think it could have all been prevented.

If they couldn't get off their arse to stop Omagh then whats to say they're gonna give a shit about the NEXT attack ? but thanks for stating the obvious.

Back