Older workers and retirement

K

Inactive User
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, there are "some older" staff or workers in the workplace who still want to work and to keep active etc.. but what about those who don't? they're playing the game and playing to waiting game for that big day they can hit the button and grab their company pensions.. it pee's me right off.. There are a younger generation hungry to work and earn a living..

If the government took back pension age to 60 for both men and women and paid a realistic pension it would free up jobs for the young keen workers. The more they put up retirement the more unemployment rises..

We're stuck in a loop.. ive got until 2048 until retirement.. can get stuffed if im working that late.. im offskies aged 55.. (Y)

Rant over..

We're stuck in a loop.. ive got until 2048 until retirement.. can get stuffed if im working that late.. im offskies aged 55.. (Y)

Rant over..
Fair comment about the older working even longer and soaking jobs for new generations. I physically could not do my job when im in my late 50s never mind in my 60s.
IE: steel engineering/welding.
(it does worry me with future income)

Me personally, i would love something to do when i retire.
Just to keep body and mind active as a week off work with no plans drive me nuts.
Three or four days a week doing maybe five hours a time.
Still not sure what that is at the moment, but its slowly creeping up.

That's not a good feeling in not knowing.

I think i'm ok with regards to keeping my job up until retirement (unless i get the boot) lol .

There is 5 people on my team retiring in the next 2 years.. the closest who leaves in september is going at 56.. he took 75k upfront payment which he already has.. and then £1000 a month pension.. he keeps winding me up saying he starting his own handyman services so maybe you have a point

That's not a good feeling in not knowing.

I think i'm ok with regards to keeping my job up until retirement (unless i get the boot) lol .

There is 5 people on my team retiring in the next 2 years.. the closest who leaves in september is going at 56.. he took 75k upfront payment which he already has.. and then £1000 a month pension.. he keeps winding me up saying he starting his own handyman services so maybe you have a point

You guys must work for one hell of a company with a great pension or he has some how managed to put a fortune into his private pension pot.

Back