Old Sky hacked?

zerofool2005

Chilld/Teenage Member
Reaction score
Is Sky completley un-hacked or are there any really old boxes that can be done?

sky digital has been close to being hacked 5 years ago, thats why they released new cards. even the old sky digiboxes (pace 2200, amstrad drx100 etc) still use the same security as the latest digiboxes so are not hacked

sky digital has been close to being hacked 5 years ago, thats why they released new cards. even the old sky digiboxes (pace 2200, amstrad drx100 etc) still use the same security as the latest digiboxes so are not hacked

its amazing how secure these systems are. Maybe they should show a bit to Microsoft lol

: colors1

Historical Note

As earlier posters say, Sky analogue was cracked but the UK Sky digital has not been cracked (except briefly in its very early days) to my knowledge. However......

Sky Italia (Digital) which showed a lot of Sky UK type content with English audio was hacked until as recently as about two years ago. At that time it was owned by Berlesconi (or however its spelt). When Mr Murdoch bought into it he decided to stop the (then) widespread pirating and changed the encryption to same as NDS UK system. Sky Italia has remained unhacked since then.

Sky Italia digital had been using Seca I think and was converted to NDS Videoguard.

Most satellite encryption systems (Seca I, Seca II, Viaccess, Viaccess II, Nagravision etc ) have been hacked over time. The two most secure systems would seem to be Skys NDS and the less common Scientific Atlanta's PowerVu. The latter is mainly used for point-to-point programme links (eg programme contribution feeds), US Forces TV/Radio.

Cheers

wasn't there a hack with a 9 volt battery and the phone cable for free movies or something

i heard this about 4 years ago

You had to like £50 on that and it owuld stop and then you would have to connect properly and got stung with the bill

that was a con that makes people run up large bills with sky that come back to haunt them at a later date. People still fall for it all the time- even many years later, you obviously never heard that bit either :).

----sorry zerofool we replied at same time, anyways you are correct m8.

taking all that iinto account, if u just buy a dish and receiver second hand, and hook it up like i have you get the free channels, surely with this phone socket trick once you run up the bill, all u need to do is to work out how to reset the box, ie clear the memory in some way and then start again, only an idea... just never connect it to the phone.

taking all that iinto account, if u just buy a dish and receiver second hand, and hook it up like i have you get the free channels, surely with this phone socket trick once you run up the bill, all u need to do is to work out how to reset the box, ie clear the memory in some way and then start again, only an idea... just never connect it to the phone.
it is stored on the card and when full card wont work

It wont be able to decrypt the channels though without an proper subscription with sky thus not be able to access anything ppv. And you cant get billed anyway as you wont have an account

I read somewhere there is a vulnerability in NDS and tha is why Sly Italia are moving to NDS 3. Not quite sure if there is any truth to this, but it makes you wonder.
Welshboy

Back