Old Lutron Homeworks RS232 and Terminal Server

sceleratus

Reaction score
Has anyone used a one of these cut rate Amazon RS232 Terminal Servers on an old Homeworks Interactive processor port?
I say cut rate because years ago I had a Comtrol box that worked but it was pricey and I had to pull it for another application.
Amazon also has a couple with wifi but I'm 8' from a switch port.

Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 1.10.56 PM.png

What are you planning to do with the unit?

What are you planning to do with the unit?
The terminal server should allow me to connect to the serial/rs232 port on the Lutron processor board via Ethernet. At least I could long ago with a Comtrol brand.

Cool, is this for programming or you are trying to communicate with the bus for operational use.

What is the processor version you are currently using, and what system, QS, illuminations?

My Lutron Homeworks Interactive system is 18yrs old. So it’s not QS, nor Illuminations. It’s “Interactive” I haven’t been in the processor for a while. I’ll post some details. I joined DWz because some nice dude posted the last release for the old CPU Interactive and that saved my bacon!

Cool, is this for programming or you are trying to communicate with the bus for operational use.

What is the processor version you are currently using, and what system, QS, illuminations?
Side note Lutron wouldn’t give me 10 year old code that they don’t support. I would have to take classes first.

Wow 18 years old, that's awesome, how you finding it with LED lamps.. did you have to pick specific leading edge lamps?

We started to working with Lutron (in the uk) around 12 years ago, seen many illuminations systems still working now. normally always working with Crestron lol.

Glad you found what you needed!

Wow 18 years old, that's awesome, how you finding it with LED lamps.. did you have to pick specific leading edge lamps?

We started to working with Lutron (in the uk) around 12 years ago, seen many illuminations systems still working now. normally always working with Crestron lol.

Glad you found what you needed!
It really is amazing. But that’s process-control (PLC) hardware. The only hardware failure I had was the memory battery on the cpu board. I ordered one from Mouser and soldered it on. Done.
All the SeeTouch pads are great. I frequently lose the Varro dimmer slides. They suck. At first for a couple years I used 8port CCs for irrigation unit Then I realized it was Stupid. Same with Crestron. It didn’t get used. The programming wasn’t intuitive so for what I wanted I had to pay and I didn’t like that. I switched all my recessed can lights to LED. No problem including dimming.

I got it. Looks like the Lutron RPM modules are trailing

RTISS-TETM: (Real-Time Illumination Stability System-Trailing Edge). Same as RTISS®, but operates on the trailing edge of the A/C sine wave. This allows for true instantaneous voltage compensation.

Not having much luck with the device. The only glimmer of hope is I see a very delayed CR come back from the processor.
I do not see my keystrokes. I'll look at the parameters further and see if someone has a thought.

I should probably pay the extra $100 and buy a Comtrol box. I know that will work.

Back