Old bitcoin mining

Imy2019

Inactive User
Reaction score
In about 2009 I installed a client on my in pc for bitcoin mining I didn’t know much about it but thought of it as I’m renting my cpu our for money . Realised it was 0.001p per hour so thought forgot this but left it running for a while . I had a dual core amd then with dedicated graphics card so it was a pretty powerful machine

Cut it short I thought I sold the machine and got rid of it

I found it today in my loft tried turning it on it’s powers up no graphics on the screen and I think the fan is broken it makes a loud noise

How do I check if I have some on there isit even possible . Was mining about around 2009 or 2010?

Take out the hard drive & put it in a known-working machine. If you're a bitcoin millionaire I want half lol!!

If you can scour the hard drive for the wallet.dat file you could work from that..

I’ve bought the exact same pc on eBay and going to swap over the hard drives . It should arrive in a few days

Update I’m still poor

Couldn’t locate it anywhere did a scan with Recuva just to be safe no sign of anything named bitcoin or Wallet.

Found some old pictures and saw another pc behind in one of them . It was probably on that and that’s now sold .

Atleast we tried

Back