Mobile Phones ok then lol... can I get opinions please

Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Right I am always reading your posts about this phone and that phone lol.

But not sure what to get, I have a great tarriff on 02 where I get 1200 minutes for £30 and free unlimted internet (never used though lmao)

But I am always reading about this HTC desire, iphone, N900.

I am about to give up my 30 day contract for a 18 month contract, what is the best one of these phones to go for?

Or could I just buy one and again which one would you guys choose ?

Thanks for any advice.

Mickie

my opinion mate is the iphone 3gs

jailbreak the fooker as soon as you get it! lol

O2 have some great deals, for £28 per month i get 800mins unltd texts and ultd internet

the iphone is more based on the internet, needing to connect to it to do majority of things apart from the basic text and call lol

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Charging my new Desire now.

I'll let you know later!

If you see "tdliut tyryed yihkjbi drtsds" you know the touchscreen is crap. (Hope didn't accidentally offend Dididude there :Biggrin2:).

Going to come down to personal choice m8, you will have those who will say iphone and others htc. For me it was the iphone, JB and excellent. Wouldnt worry to much about 3g as you said you dont use it much but it comes in handy for footie scores or news, or even with tapatalk for the forum. Personally I dont use 3g very much as I tend to use it more in the house and that connects to my wifi.

@spectre - let me know mate that phone looks nice.

@jaffa - yeah I think whatever phone I go for I would want it to go on the home network ?

Also what about the iphone4 they will be offering me this ?

I really like that the N900 has a keyboard aswell.. does the N900 have the screen like the iphone where it moves about etc ?

Mickie

@spectre - let me know mate that phone looks nice.

@jaffa - yeah I think whatever phone I go for I would want it to go on the home network ?

Also what about the iphone4 they will be offering me this ?

I really like that the N900 has a keyboard aswell.. does the N900 have the screen like the iphone where it moves about etc ?

Mickie

Dont forget that O2 are going to start data capping from 24th June, I know you said you wont use 3g much but its worth considering that.

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/237818/

Last edited by a moderator:
Will they data cap existing users ?

Mickie

my contract runs monthly ?

I can end it at anytime jaffa, but has to be ended up - to the end of the month, its direct debit but just a 30 day contract?

Mickie

the new iphone 4 looks great mate, blows the other iphones out the water, i would go for that personally but dont know what contracts they will make you sign upto to get the phone free.

@big hol I spoke to them about it earlier, and they said they would put me on the (iphone)900 minutes contract with internet for £45 a month... its quite a bit more than my £30 that comes with 1200 minutes and free internet ?

To be honest I would not take it too work no way just wanted to be able to try one out for when I am out and the weekends.

I dunno lol... i have a k850 it works fantastic, makes calls, the lot lol.... if it had a 5 mega pixel camera it would be even better!!!

I am leaning towards to N900 I like linux, if it lets me use the shell (SSH) I could control this site from command prompt that would be bloody awesome!

Getting top stats from anywhere at anytime... I could even make a bash script that would alert me on loads (I have one that emails me, which is no use when I am out.)

Mickie

Posting from phone!

Pages seem slow to load but that might be a setting here.

Taking the back off is akin to pulling the lid off a tub of butter when you think its going to snap.

How do I turn off vibrate when keyboard is tapped?

Why are the numbers on my SIM mangled? Delimiters in the names!

Still slow to load, thought this was a few Mb...

I've owned a n900 and now I own a desire.

The n900 is good at what it does but the touchscreen, although competent, is not a patch on the desires.

The n900's browser with the desires multi touch and text remapping would be amazing.

The n900 has lots of cool apps and some great features but nothing really amazing for me and I couldn't help but feel underwelmed with it.

I wish i could combine the two but I'm glad I have the desire now so id recommend it over the n900.

Where the hell is refresh?

What's the significance of E or G at the top?

:'(

Where the hell is refresh?

What's the significance of E or G at the top?

:'(

Instructions lol... but as mr T might say.

"A man with PRIDE don't need no GUIDE"

I love them radio ad's pmsl!!!

So jamesyboyjim has had both phones and prefers the desire ?

Can someone help because the desire is cheaper to get than the N900... but I would like to know where the keyboard is on the desire?

Also is there any kind of "putty" apps for the desire or ssh/telnet apps ?

Still dunno lol.... but I think I might buy a phone now and keep my contract as its much cheaper in the long run... but no upgrades :(

Mickie

Mickie

E = Edge (effectively a 2G network connection)
G = GRPS (effectively a 3G network connection)

It will always use the best available.

The Desire is also capable of UMTS (3G+) but I don't think UK netwoks support this yet

Last edited:
Back